Male rat ejaculating on another male. Is that normal???

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RattieLover<3

Ok. So awhile back one of my boys Edward, was acting a little strange. He was kind of lethargic, but not lethargic. More WAY relaxed. I picked him up to examine him and I noticed a lot of whitish/yellow almost puss looking substance all around his penis area. I took a warm wet wash cloth and cleaned it off. I thought maybe my poor baby had some type of infection. :( Then at that point I noticed my rat Devon's back was COVERED with the same thing. I was horrified!! :sad3: I called my vet but she said it shouldn't be an infection because he was on antibiotics for a possible URI. So I started researching and found that some males have taken the whole fighting for dominancy thing as far as ejaculating on another male. I was relieved that it wasn't anything serious but, that's down right wrong and nasty. :laugh4:
He did it one more time the following day, though not nearly as much as the first time. He hasn't done it since and Devon's still alpha (although Edward still tries to get alpha).

Has anyone else ever experienced this? Or am I just the lucky one..... :emb:

never had an intact male and after hearing this, I'm sure I never will :shock:
:shock:
I'll be following this thread though just to find out more about this!!

Hmmm ... never heard of it but then I have always had everyone neutered and spayed.
I have heard of rats mounting other rats as a dominance thing .... so certainly possible, and probably completely normal for a (likely small) % of intact, dominant boys.
Perhaps it isn't seen much because given time, the rats clean themselves up afterward?

It was horrifying and disgusting! I read that rats mount each other as a dominance thing and some males take it as far as ejaculating on other males. I'm actually kinda glad no one else has experienced this because its just really nasty. :shock:

SQ said:
Perhaps it isn't seen much because given time, the rats clean themselves up afterward?
And SQ I don't think that's the reason no one has really seen it. It was A LOT!! My poor Devon was COVERED!

And then to top it off my fixed 4 lb female chihuahua wrapped and tried to hump him!! I guess he's just one sexy man rat or I have a bunch of sick animals :shock:

RattieLover<3 said:
And then to top it off my fixed 4 lb female chihuahua wrapped and tried to hump him!! I guess he's just one sexy man rat or I have a bunch of sick animals :shock:

LOL :laugh4:
He sure is a sexy man rat!

mia9_28 said:
[quote="RattieLover<3":156q1qq1]

LOL :laugh4:
He sure is a sexy man rat![/quote:156q1qq1]

Ahahahahahaha. Right?! Sheesh :giggle:

My fiance alway tell me, I sure do know how to pick em'. Some how I always pick the most interesting animals :shock:

A chihuahua humping a rat? A picture of that would be worth a prize!

What I want to know is what have you been watching on TV and have you been exposing your babies to it? :naughty:

MumsyRat said:
A chihuahua humping a rat? A picture of that would be worth a prize!

What I want to know is what have you been watching on TV and have you been exposing your babies to it? :naughty:

I don't even have tv. LOL They must have really active imaginations :shock:

When I had boys I noticed they ejaculated on each other as well. It does seem like a dominance thing as usually my girls played in the playpen before them, and it seems they smelled the girls so they needed to make it clear who was the dominant one. They were always so much fun! :lol:

RattusNorvegicus said:
When I had boys I noticed they ejaculated on each other as well. It does seem like a dominance thing as usually my girls played in the playpen before them, and it seems they smelled the girls so they needed to make it clear who was the dominant one. They were always so much fun! :lol:

That's funny. Hey, the girls must have made them frisky :cheeky:
The thing is with mine is Edward the one who did the ejaculating isn't even the dominant one. He's just a little jerk sometimes. :roll:
He's always starting crap with Devon, but Devon always finishes it :giggle:
Devon's my big pudgy lover boy and every time Edward gets feeling all high and mighty. He's just like, "really dude, this again?" "Come on you didn't learn the first 100 times?" "You don't wanna do this!" *Edward tries to ninja, Devon whoops his butt and restrains him* "See, see I told you." "Are ya done?" "Okay, I'm gonna let ya up." Don't try anything stupid."
It's too funny to watch you can really see their thought process. :lol:

Back