mailbox babies/what the hell!?--pics!!!--on his way home!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm allowed to have my rats if they don't cause any trouble and no one complains about them. in order to do that i have to make sure as few people know about them as possible, afterall the sterotype alone is enough for someone to complain and only one complaint means i would have to get rid of squidge. i'm afraid to rock the boat on this. that babe's troubles are over, he's beyond reach of anymore abuse, but squidge is right here and he's already lost so much, i don't want him to lose his home too. it makes me mad too for what happened to the babies but i have to protect squidge before getting revenge.

i found my camera!!! it had fallen off the table by the coats then got kicked under the shoe rack. but i found it! AND i have pictures!

263563_10150228038591463_665021462_7693461_718980_n.jpg

263624_10150228038376463_665021462_7693453_6300461_n.jpg

264053_10150228038686463_665021462_7693464_3618040_n.jpg

twitch said:
i'm allowed to have my rats if they don't cause any trouble and no one complains about them. in order to do that i have to make sure as few people know about them as possible, afterall the sterotype alone is enough for someone to complain and only one complaint means i would have to get rid of squidge. i'm afraid to rock the boat on this. that babe's troubles are over, he's beyond reach of anymore abuse, but squidge is right here and he's already lost so much, i don't want him to lose his home too. it makes me mad too for what happened to the babies but i have to protect squidge before getting revenge.

Definitely makes sense. It's just awful how people get away with stuff like this.

He is sooo cute though, and healthy looking, it's hard to imagine he went through an ordeal...do young rats generally bounce back faster, like human babies?

twitch said:
i found my camera!!! it had fallen off the table by the coats then got kicked under the shoe rack. but i found it! AND i have pictures!

263563_10150228038591463_665021462_7693461_718980_n.jpg

263624_10150228038376463_665021462_7693453_6300461_n.jpg

264053_10150228038686463_665021462_7693464_3618040_n.jpg

Somehow I can't help feeling like the moron, who left this precious little bundle in your blooming mailbox, is better defined as "congenitally insane or irretrevably stupid" as opposed to "cruel".

Believe it or not... there are many a complete idiot on the face of the planet and these people tend to find ways to justify their actions ("it's not that hot and the mailbox is dark inside!" or "she's probably home or on her way home... surely he'll be ok in there for a few minutes!" you know... those kinds of excuses).

Nevertheless... the culprit should be boiled in oil for giving new meaning to the word "braindead!" :redhot:

Dahlas said:
My rats like to have a kiss and a cuddle each night before I go to bed.....I will forever give his brother two kisses each night...one for his lost little brother.

Dang-it Dahlas!!! Here I was reading the posts and fuming over the cruelty and stupidity of people when with one little comment, I realize I am crying for both of those little boys. One who will never get to grow up and the other who will have to grow up without his brother. Sheesh ... I gotta go blow my nose now...

BTW he is just beautiful

i'm not sure if he's still recovering from the heat, the new home sneezes in combination with recovering from the heat or if he's just plain sick, but that squeaker toy sound he makes hasn't seemed to lessen much if any and last night little Gluck and i chilled out in the steamed up bathroom to see if that would help ease his breathing some. it seemed to help a great deal at the time. i'm borrowing a humidfier to leave by the cage for the next few days from a neighbor in the morning and keep an eye on him as best i can for now. other then that though he seems happy and just like a normal baby. he's a bit jumpy still when you first to start to interact with him but settles down pretty quick to cover you in kisses and love and cuddles, afterwhich he deems it ok then to very carefully hand wrestle. so he's active and happy, but still being watched.

I heard about this horrible story on Facebook and it still shocks me that people can be so heartless. Fortunately, there are some good souls out there and one small rattie is safe in a good home.

Poor sweet boy...so fortunate that he found his way to the right hands, anyway. But seriously, some people...irredeemably stupid is right!

He is the sweetest little boy. My daughter and I held him the whole way home and he cuddled and licked....he does not seem shy at all....he LOVED the lab blocks and the watermelon.....looks so cute such a little guy eating such big blocks....His breathing sounds good....but he did have some wet sneezies.....he is active and alert and has a good appetite....We are heading to the vet tomorrow for a check up and may start meds...

Back