mailbox babies/what the hell!?--pics!!!--on his way home!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*head desk* for frig's sake! i can't believe where my head must be cause its no where near my shoulders. i just remembered that i have a large double CN. squidge is using the top half but its just storage in the bottom half. a CN has really tiny bar spacing. i can haul out the crud and put the baby in there. friggin! i'm sorry for the hassle kayla but i think i do have space now that my head is working again...

I just found out about this poor little guy and his brother (RIP) and have offered him a home.....
Can't wait to see a picture of him.....
Guess I am now looking for another little baby rat....boy or girl as my vet can neuter them pretty young....

SQ said:
3 litters and one more litter on the way in the Fredericton area, if you don't find any closer.

Yes and I am going to NB this weekend...wish they were older......but I will keep this in mind if I can't find any others....I am sure this poor little guy would love a buddy his own age....My girl Phoebe is great with babies but she is 32 months old....still in great shape but maybe not up to a wee one....My two boys are 17 months.....but I am not sure how well they will take to a baby....plus I wouldn't want to even try intros with them until the baby was 2 or three months old....way to long for a baby to be alone....

Hmmm ... this might be of interest to you.
Sounds like it might be a baby.
I emailed earlier to find out more info but have not heard back
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=25640

Edit: I just phoned, it is a "large" boy they purchased from pets unlimited
He is unfriendly and snaps at people when they walk by

....... Sounds like it could be a very frightened 6 to 10 week old baby to me.

i'm just glad i came home when i did. what if i had decided to stay for supper and not come home until the evening? or had decided to take an extra day adn just leave tomorrow morning? who ever left them had no way of knowing when i would be home again. *I* didn't know when i was going to be home until i had gotten here.

People just sicken me.. they really, really do. How on earth could you possibly think two baby boys would be okay in a METAL mailbox in the swealtering heat? It's like an oven in there.. god. Rest in peace, you poor little baby, and I hope his surviving brother fully recovers after that horrible incident.

Thank god you came home when you did, and decided to check out the mailbox. Your "Ratty-senses" must have been tingling

so far he's doing ok. he slept some and is awake now checking out his cage. he's found the giant hamster ball and is washing his face from there looking around. so long as he doesn't have a lung infection i think he should be ok. he either wasn't in there for long or has a really high tolerance for heat

Twitch, maybe you should put a little sign on your mailbox saying the the baby boy died. They probably live around you and might see it, or a friend might see it. If they have any conscience at all, at least they will learn that they caused the baby to die and won't do it again.

maybe but i think it will be more a reminder to me that i came home too late. i love rats but if i hadn't decided already that i was done with them until my life was more stable and done with rescueing for a while this would of made that decision for me. i didn't even know that little one, never once held him while he lived or felt his soul but god did it hurt to bury him in the woods outside. he was so young and beautiful, his only crime a stupid owner and i didn't get home in time. i have no reason to feel guilty or that i failed him, i had no way of knowing that he would be there, but i can't help the emotion. beyond all logic i can't stop the feeling of loss and defeat i feel for that lost little soul.

My rats like to have a kiss and a cuddle each night before I go to bed.....I will forever give his brother two kisses each night...one for his lost little brother.

Gluck is seeming well this afternoon. still sneezing and sometimes sound like squeaky toy but is bouncing and popcorning and trying to understand how to play witht he big human hand

Oh my god.
Gluck is suck a great name for him. Seriously lucky...but also horribly unlucky to have fallen into the hands of the A*HOLE who put them in a metal mailbox. It is so sad he had to lose his brother though, I'm so pissed.
I haven't read this whole thread, but could you report it to someone?
That is definitely animal cruelty, and maybe someone in your neighborhood saw who did it?

Back