Maggie: Approx Dec '05 - Aug 29 2007

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moon

Maggie, Mageggy, Scruffy Mageggers was sent to pass on to the rainbow bridge at 4 p.m this afternoon.

She is survived by her sister, Emma, and who would have been her adopted sisters, Lucille 2 and Maeby.

Mike conceded defeat last night... he knew we had to let her go.

Maggie was our funny scruffy girl. Always the heavier of my two ladies, but also seemed the more sickly. I knew she would be the first to go. She loved adventures, shoulder riding and baby cereal more than anything else in life. Always the curious beast, never one to sit still, and maybe just a touch on the nervous side about certain things. She could jump... man could she jump.

She spent her last days cuddling with her Daddy, bruxing and kissing, and being missed by her mom (myself) who was not at home. I'm kicking myself for it now. I hate that I did not get to see more of her these last few days, I really do. I hate that I spent my last moments with her apologizing for not being there.

Crazy Jumping Stuntrat:
jumpingmaggie003.jpg

Loved first and formost by her daddy and his big hands:
171.jpg

That is a good way at looking at it Shelagh. Maggie is a beautiful girl and I am sure she has forgiven you for not being there. The time you had spent with her will be treasured with her forever. Give the rest of your girls a hug and kiss. It will make you feel better.

Ann

moon said:
Maggie, Mageggy, Scruffy Mageggers was sent to pass on to the rainbow bridge at 4 p.m this afternoon.

She is survived by her sister, Emma, and who would have been her adopted sisters, Lucille 2 and Maeby.

Mike conceded defeat last night... he knew we had to let her go.

Maggie was our funny scruffy girl. Always the heavier of my two ladies, but also seemed the more sickly. I knew she would be the first to go. She loved adventures, shoulder riding and baby cereal more than anything else in life. Always the curious beast, never one to sit still, and maybe just a touch on the nervous side about certain things. She could jump... man could she jump.

She spent her last days cuddling with her Daddy, bruxing and kissing, and being missed by her mom (myself) who was not at home. I'm kicking myself for it now. I hate that I did not get to see more of her these last few days, I really do. I hate that I spent my last moments with her apologizing for not being there.

Crazy Jumping Stuntrat:
jumpingmaggie003.jpg

Loved first and formost by her daddy and his big hands:
171.jpg

Don't beat yourself up Ashley. Rats are brilliant animals and little Maggie was no different. They don't forget the love, attention and kindness received from their "adopted" parents (yes... YOU were adopted... if you please... ;)!) and Maggie could not have been happier than she was with you.

Her little body is gone but her soul lives on. One day we will discover that our little fuzzforms kept busy securing our places, by their sides, on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.

You and Mike did beautifully by the little lady. :love6:

I'm so sorry moon (((hugs)))

I know you made the right choice, she's now free to run and jump without the limitations of the physical body. She'll be watching over you and her sisters.

:rose:

Very sorry :cry:
thanks for sharing about Maggie.
Very nice pictures. Looks like she had lots of fun jumping.
take good care of yourselves

Back