Luke update - intros a success!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamarat2

Mr Luke will be going in for a neuter on November 12th.

After a one on one talk with the vet she thinks it would be a good idea too as he is continuing to be aggressive. And from what I can see there is no specific trigger for it, definitely the smell of the other rats, but there are times when he is out and no one else has been in the area (ever) and he has a ballistic moment!!

Off with the nuts!! :wow4:

Just don't get discouraged if it takes longer than three weeks... as I'm sure you know that with some boys it can take longer.

Good luck to you and Luke! Bye bye gonads!

Got him home and he ate some ice cream :D gotta have a yummy treat on a bad day! He is resting in his hospital carrier, want the drugs to wear off before he goes into his multilevel house. Plus I want him to not be running up and down the ramps for a bit!

mamarat2 said:
Got him home and he ate some ice cream :D gotta have a yummy treat on a bad day! He is resting in his hospital carrier, want the drugs to wear off before he goes into his multilevel house. Plus I want him to not be running up and down the ramps for a bit!

Great news!!! I am always happy when they are home, but most happy the day after the surgery. The night after can be very uneventful but sometimes Its not.

lilspaz68 said:
mamarat2 said:

Great news!!! I am always happy when they are home, but most happy the day after the surgery. The night after can be very uneventful but sometimes Its not.

So far so good, no chewing! Fingers crossed.

Yay Luke! Just wait for that waistline to go, he'll be a big softie in no time! :wink:

mamarat2 said:
Mr Luke will be going in for a neuter on November 12th.

After a one on one talk with the vet she thinks it would be a good idea too as he is continuing to be aggressive. And from what I can see there is no specific trigger for it, definitely the smell of the other rats, but there are times when he is out and no one else has been in the area (ever) and he has a ballistic moment!!

Off with the nuts!! :wow4:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... just don't tell Luke about his nuts when he gets home... You know how sensitive men can be about their crown jewels... ;)

Back