Lucretius back to the vet's today

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skinnyhippiechick

I had Luc at Dr. Munn's last week. He'd been displaying weakness on and off, uncoordinated, not able to grasp his food. I've been syringe feeding and offering mushy foods. He's been eating well but still loosing some weight. A couple of days ago I noticed he's started to loose chunks of fur from around his neck and now has a bare "half-collar". He also started bruxing which is unusual for him (usually does the gum flap business). I think my poor boy is in pain. Today may be our last together.... :(

Just needed to share with those who understand.

Oh goodness :sad3: I'm so sorry to hear all that. I really hope that you can find out whats wrong with him and it is curable. If not , at least you are a great person , and are prepared to do what is best for your little friend. I have not been in that situation as of yet. My very first rat is still here and well , I can not imagine the pain of loosing them... :hugs: I wish you both the best of luck , and hope everything turns out well.

Argh it's horrible seeing them get weaker like that, I feel your pain. Hope he's not in too much pain, and you must remember to look after yourself as well *hugs*

Back