Lucky - another surgery?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
♥ Healing vibes and well wishes from all of us :cuddle: Vickie :love2: Al :rathugz: Kona :kisses: Bumbles :hugs: Throttle :love11: Axe :love4: Grumpy :love6: Peanut :love7: Sebastian :praying: Lovee :getwell: Jack :kisskiss: Wally :heart: Tucker and :flower: Clark ♥ Hope you feel better soon Lucky! ♥

Maybe it's early to tell, but I fear this has all been too much for my sweet boy. He is so weak and tired. He lays still for a bit, musters the strength to move a few inches, then lays still again.

Maybe I'm being a pessimist but I have never seen a rat look this terrible after a surgery.

I appreciate all the words of kindness and support you all have offered. I told Lucky how many people are on pulling for him, hoping to boost his spirits.

Home, very rough
a4e2atet.jpg

Poor boo. Its probably the anesthetic, it can be so hard on them when its cumulative like that. Have you offered him anything soft and sweet off your fingertip or is he not interested in anything right now. Will he sleep do you think?

He shows no interest in baby cereal. He's very out of it. He just let me give him his oxymorphone shot like it was nothing. Dr H said to give it around 8; I just hate to think of him feeling pain right now. Hopefully it will make him dozy. He pooped, so at least that system is still working :/

Lucky is gone. Faded so quickly. Took him out as his breathing was getting slow and held him his last few minutes. He was very peaceful. I don't know if the oxy helped him along or just allowed him to drift w no pain.

My mouth is agape. I have been following his story avidly and am so heartbroken that he did not make it. He went through so much in the last week. He was lucky to have a mommy that made the effort. Love and hugs to you and your mischief.

I am so sorry temblabamomo! I wish I could hug you! You did so much for Lucky! He was truly a lucky rat. Someone else may not have done everything you did to give him a chance!
Rest easy Lucky...Butchie is there I'm sure she's waiting for you!

Awwww, I'm so sorry he didn't make it. You did everything you could to try and give him a chance. I'm glad the vet let you take him home so he was surrounded by his family when he slipped away.
(((Hugs))) to you...

My heart goes out to you right now, I absolutely know how you're feeling as I battled long and hard for a whole week to get Barclay right again after he fell ill with the same affliction as Lucky. I know your pain. You have my prayers and thoughts and it took a lot of guts to take the risks that you did to help him - you were very brave and I think you did the right thing throughout the whole process. On Barclays x-ray there was some damage to his tooth in that area or something to do with the bone not joining up so I believe your vet is right about some kind of tooth infection. Even my vet said the same and the eye simply had to come out there was nothing else for it. I don't believe Lucky or Barclay were in any pain, as they were dosed up good on meds and just peacefully drifted away. I hope you will rest and nurture and look after yourself as you go through the grieving process after such a mentally taxing battle. You just need to put yourself first right now. Thinking of you xx

Lucky is gone. Faded so quickly. Took him out as his breathing was getting slow and held him his last few minutes. He was very peaceful. I don't know if the oxy helped him along or just allowed him to drift w no pain.

It probably let him disconnect his spirit from his body from the lack of pain, not actually helped him along.

I am so very very sorry. You both fought a terrible fight together, and don't regret the last surgery, you really had no choice, and as we know there ARE miracles out there. It just wasn't Lucky's turn. ((hugs))

:sorry: You did your best and everything you did was in Lucky's best interest! He is playing at the bridge now with all our precious babies that have gone on before us... I'm sure he is telling everyone what a great mommy he had and how she did her best for him.....

:rose2: RIP brave boy!

Back