Lotion for the Nakie!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatTheHippie

When I adopted Dover, his skin was terrible. It was peely, and dry, and covered in scars from god knows what he was subjected to his whole life. Well, I've been lotioning him twice a day now since I got him, and his skin is baby smooth! I'll probably cut it down to once a day this summer, considering the dry air from the heat being on all winter probably didn't help his condition. He LOVES it too, which makes things so much easier. You can just see the relief wash over his face during his massage time :roll: spoiled boy.

I use baby aveeno lotion, which is safe, and fragrance free. It works wonders! I know a lot of other people on this forum have nakies too, do your guys lotion them? if so, with what?

here's the video, see how good he is?

Our little guys were looking a bit dry a couple weeks ago so we rubbed them with olive oil but I'm not sure that was a good idea. They kept licking each other after that - guess they tasted good to each other now... it was pretty funny!! Never thought of aveeno, but I'll have to get some.

:heart: :thud: I want that sexy rat man of yours he is just too adorable!!!! :thud: :heart:

dspch911 said:
Our little guys were looking a bit dry a couple weeks ago so we rubbed them with olive oil but I'm not sure that was a good idea. They kept licking each other after that - guess they tasted good to each other now... it was pretty funny!! Never thought of aveeno, but I'll have to get some.

:heart: :thud: I want that sexy rat man of yours he is just too adorable!!!! :thud: :heart:

How did I know you would be the first one to comment on this? LOL

After I put lotion on him, sometimes one of the other boys will give him a lick or two. I couldn't imagine olive oil, great idea, but I'd turn around and someone will have eaten him up!

Your boy is obviously loving his massage!

I saw someone posted about Coconut oil, so yesterday I bought some at the grocery store and rubbed it on my nakies - they smelled SO good! My two furry gals wanted in on the action, so I let them lick my hands. :)

Coconut oil is amazing. Joanne, it's a great treat for the rats too. I put some on my fingers and they lick it off. I tried putting some on their coats, but they got greasy haha
I can just imagine using some as lotion for a naked guy and all the other rats licking him after heehee!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KatTheHippie said:
dspch911 said:

How did I know you would be the first one to comment on this? LOL

After I put lotion on him, sometimes one of the other boys will give him a lick or two. I couldn't imagine olive oil, great idea, but I'd turn around and someone will have eaten him up!

Because I'm obsessed with Dover and just cannot get enough of that boy!!! :heart: That video is just to die for!

Ha! He's loving it, that is adorable. :heart:

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

I have seen a video on youtube of someone putting olive oil on a nakie, so that's what I've been using on mine, although I haven't had to use it in a while. he hasn't had a problem with dry skin.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Back