Lost my Emma 9/30/07, new here.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

September555

Hi all, I am new here, heard about this site from Jorats herself. :D I just lost my sweet little Emma Sunday to respiratory infection. She was about 1 1/2 yrs. I rescued her from a dirty little pet store from being snake food. She was the only small one left and the guy was coming back to get her and 2 other large rats that were clearly very sick for his snake. They were in separate cages in the back and the cages were so dirty and awful. So I brought her home and she was the sweetest girl ever. She was sick about 6 months ago with respitory infection and bounced back with Baytril meds, but we all know once they get it it pretty much stays in them. She got really sick Friday night and I tried Baytril again, and by Sunday she was worse so I took her to the animal emergency clinic, after a breathing treatment and some new meds they sent us home and I had hoped that she would pull through again, she was a tough little gal. We got home and before I could lay her in her bed to rest she had what looked like a seizure and passed away quickly. I miss her really bad. :( I will miss her sleeping on my chest after a hard afternoon of playing as I watch TV. So anyways here is a pic of her. Sorry this is kind of long, I just wanted to introduce myself and give a little story about my Emma. Thanks Jorats for telling me and inviting me to check out your awesome site.
scan0004.jpg

scan0003.jpg

Welcome!
I'm so sorry it's under these sad circumstances. We can all share in your grief.
Most people don't understand our love of rats and certainly don't understand our sorrow when they leave us... we understand here.
Huge hugs for you!!!

I'm so sorry for your loss, but am glad that you're here to share about your sweet girl with us.

I have an Emma also. Emmas are special girls.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for their kind words and the warm welcome....you are right no one really understands the love of the little ratties. :roll: No one understood why so many tears. :( It is nice to be able to share with people who understand. Thanks again and I will drop in from time to time to say hello and check everyone out.

Back