Look what came today! *updated with pics*

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casey

IMG_1194.jpg

It is here already...I am so excited. I cannot wait to get it put together! :happydance:
The box is a little banged up and has one small tear in the bottom corner,
but overall it does not look too bad, especially considering how freakishly heavy it it!
I cannot even lift the box by myself.
I felt so bad for the deliver guy, since I live on the third floor of a big apartment building.
But he was very careful, nice and even brought it inside the house for me. :joy:

Casey

oops I actually meant to post this in the same thread I created when I ordered it.
sorry. I am too excited and not paying attention to what I am doing.

I went ahead and got the double.
I know I would like a few more boys, so thought I should get the big one. :wink2:

Casey said:
I went ahead and got the double.
I know I would like a few more boys, so thought I should get the big one. :wink2:

Ooh I would love to have the big one. But with only two boys, that might be a bit much :)

But, I would LOVE to have more boys. Especially some Russian Silvers/Blues. Im just not sure my mom would want me to have anymore rats. Even if I get another 3, I would only need the single unit :D

well unfortunately there was some damage.
One of the 4 front support bars was bent pretty bad.
Both pans are cracked and one corner chipped off both.

But the worst damage was to the shelves, both have substantial chipping of the coating, underneath and all along the sides.
I guess where they rubbed each other b/c they were not wrapped in plastic or bubble wrap like the rest of the pieces.
So it makes them look old and unsightly, my husband also thought they would be more likely to rust.

I called allpetfurniture and they were very courteous and helpful.
They are sending me replacement parts.

We are going to see if we can still put it together and just leave the shelves out for now,
(not to put the boys in yet) just to see it :) and get all the pieces safely out of the floor.

so we put it together anyway, the shelves just hook on and the pans just sit inside,
so they will be easy to replace once they get here.
It is more impressive than I imagined.
IMG_1216.jpg

and a comparison...I think they will have a little more space now...
IMG_1218.jpg

Casey said:
and a comparison...I think they will have a little more space now...
IMG_1218.jpg
:laugh4: I think you might be right! :thumbup: Looks fantastic! Too bad about the damaged parts - hope you can get the replacements soon, so you can move the boys in.

Oh my!! You lucky girl you... oh, I mean those lucky rats! lol
The size comparison is just so funny, I love it. Too bad about the damaged bits, but even Midwest is good at providing replacements.

I just could not wait to put the boys in the new cage... so here are some pics from last night :wink2:
Excuse the lack of toys, but this cage is BIG. I definitely need to get some more things to fill it!
closed
IMG_1228.jpg

open
IMG_1224.jpg

Top level
IMG_1220.jpg

Bottom level
IMG_1222.jpg

Plus boys :joy:
IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

eating in new cage
IMG_1254.jpg

i see you have some tunnels hiding down there on the storage shelf, if your boys are anything like my crew i bet they would love a little tunnel system! :thumbup:

i love my CN, i KNOW you will love your's! now the challenge is to fight off the GGMR!!

Those cages are amazing. We have someone on the NZ ratclub looking at importing some but I think they are not having much luck :(

Casey said:
eating in new cage
IMG_1254.jpg

I often do this. Clean their cages and then decided to celebrate by giving the rats peas, and then there are messy pea shells all over the place! :giggle:

Your cage looks great! I like all those horizontal bars as it makes is easier to hang hammocks.

Back