Long Term Rat Sitter- Ontario

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smilez_n_hugs

Well I have been putting off this post for about a month now so here it goes....

I have accepted a teaching job in a very small town called Paulatuk in the Northwest Territories which I'm really excited about except for my 2 remaining ladies. I have ruled out taking them with me for a few reasons: they would have to fly on at least 2 separate flights and the town doesn't have a vet not to mention the cost of getting just their cage and food there. I really wish they could go with me for my sake but it's clearly not in their best interest.

So I am wondering if anyone would be up for rat sitting for the next 10 months which considering their age (almost 2) is pretty much a rehome. I will cover anything and everything these 2 ladies need or want. I also hope they will get some new friends so that one doesn't end up alone when the other passes. And of course if I come home and both are still living it will be up to you whether I take them back or you keep them. If no one is able to look after them then my mom and sister will happily look after them they just don't have the love or knowledge of rats that I do so I want to consider all options and what's best for my girls.

A little about the girls.....they can be a handful. Pax is a beige dumbo self (some of you might remember her from the St. Patty's Day photo contest) who loves to give kisses. But don't let that sweet face fool you she has nipped me (and drawn blood) a couple times when I have reached into a cube or hidey house to grab her. She is also the boss and since poor sweet Dixie is an almost nakie (and dumbo) the scratches and nips show. They also have to have a wheel and will run at all times during the night. There's no doubt these 2 are a handful but you can't help but love them which is why I want to make sure they go to the right home. Health wise neither of them have ever been sick (not even a small uri).

I am willing to drive just about anywhere to get these ladies to the right home. So if anyone is interested you can post here or pm with any questions and I will get some pics posted. Also my new job starts mid August so my time limit is til about August 10th.

Are your girls spayed? It might be a good option for anyone with males to add a couple of spayed girls to their colony.
I bet this must be really hard for you.

Unfortunately they aren't spayed but if someone has a vet who will spay and that is all that is standing in the way of them getting a good home I am more than willing to work something out.

I'm not sure what I will do without my babies. If there was any way possible they would be going with me for sure.

Back