Long Roadtrip, Small Result *pics*

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait

The rescue in St. Jo where I was to pick up my two little boys called me yesterday afternoon to inform me that the litter my babies were to be from died. :cry: They were doing fine, but, erm, mom wasn't doing a fine job of mom-ing them.

But they did inform me that the other litter was ready to go and doing just great (if you remember, there were two litters, I went for the youngest batch). They had one little boy left, and a few little girls. So I put in my chips for the little boy, and drove to St. Jo this morning, arrived at 6 am sharp, left, and got back here. Just in time to drive to Iowa. WOO.

At first I was skeptical... The little guy they showed me seemed to have absolutely no interest in people, and he hid in an igloo the whole time we talked to the owners of the rescue. When I got him out, he was less than thrilled, and peed on me. :roll: But I put him in my pocket and walked around with him for a bit, and he settled considerably, and by the time we were done, he was licking my fingers. :D

Mikey is THRILLED, absolutely thrilled with his new baby brother. We did intro's on the couch earlier, and he went from me, to the baby, back to me, then the baby. He also decided that he was a dirty baby, and cleaned him right away. They're taking a nap in their new cuddle cup as we speak.

The new baby is also very adventuresome so far, he loves meal worms (Mikey doesn't care for them) and he plays with feathers. :) He's the first rat I've had to actually play with feathers, and its very very cute.

He doesn't have a name yet. He really doesn't look like anything, just blah. But I am sure as I get to know him a bit better, something will come up. Right now he is just "Baby".

Baby

"You'll do, I suppose."
IMG_4726.jpg

"ACK!"
IMG_4785.jpg

IMG_4774.jpg

"Yummo, wormies!!"
IMG_4744.jpg

"Clean clean clean!"
IMG_4739.jpg

Mikey

"This is for me?!"
IMG_4725.jpg

"THIS is for me, too?!"
IMG_4734.jpg

"I like it."
IMG_4776.jpg

"I really like this one!"
IMG_4808.jpg

"Thank you!!"

IMG_4812.jpg

IMG_4747.jpg

"But he gives me a head ache..."
IMG_4738.jpg

"I will attempt to cuddle with it though."
IMG_4803.jpg

Baby playing with the feathery toy. Sort of blurry, but the only one I have.
IMG_4790.jpg

:D

Aww, he's adorable, he sure came around for you quickly and I'm so happy for Mikey! I'm sorry about your intended litter but I guess you have to consider this one of those 'meant-to-be's', Mikey apparently was waiting for just this baby!
Congratulations! :D

Thanks all! I was very sorry to hear of the whole litter passing. :( They were such cute wigglies when I went into see them a few weeks back.

But now we have this boyo, and things worked out. They always do.

Earlier I saw them both in the cuddle cup, squished together sleeping. *swoons*

Too cute for their own good, that's for sure.

That's so cute! Sounds like Mikey is thrilled to have a buddy. Who knows, the name Baby might just stick ;)

Back