LOLrats

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picture199.jpg

Those crazy Americans! Those Black Friday sales are awful. Some computer store had a really nice $600 laptop on sale last year, but they only had 100. My hubby went there areound 4:30 (store opened at 6) and said there had to be at least 250 people there already! He just came back home and went to bed. Can you imagine the rush of those people running in the store? SCARY.

:naughty: Not nice, I am an US citizen, have never been to a black Monday Sale in my life, I think it is ridiculous also, but I also think grown men, playing football or hocky & the whole country is freaked out over it, is ridiculous, we all have our things mine, is camping in my pretty big camper in the beautiful Rockey Mountains! :listen: & I am not crazy, :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spend Canada!

It’s not just Europeans who are propping up U.S. retailers’ receipts: The strong Canadian dollar is prompting more visitors to come across the border this year to do their Christmas shopping in the U.S.

Taubman Centers Inc. offered vouchers for $20 gift cards for its four Detroit-area shopping centers to the first 2,007 cars to enter the U.S. through the Windsor-Detroit Tunnel, beginning at 5 a.m. By 11 a.m., all the vouchers had been given away, and 25% of the gift cards had been picked up from the malls by early afternoon, said Karen Mac Donald, a spokeswoman for Taubman, which owns or manages 24 shopping malls.

Canadian shoppers are piling into motor coaches and filling up Detroit-area hotels for their bargain-hunting. The Great Lakes Crossing mall in Auburn Hills, Mich., estimated that 20% of its Friday-morning visitors were Canadian. – Amy Merrick

Hey Phyllis I was just teasing and I hope you didn't really take offense :oops: . It's just a funny thing that seems very American, and yes I am American. I sometimes forget that things are different for our Northern neighbors. I stayed home in my jammies on Black Friday.

*Edit* I forgot to say how much I LOVE your rat pics. They always crack me up!

Oh it's ok sweetie, black Friday is stupid, but all us Us people don't like it, & yes young lady almost all of my best friends are from Canada,, when I was young always wanted to move up there it is so beautiful & such nice people, I guess it just shocked me to think of us as different, to me we are not, you are right we are all american! :hug4:

Back