Living World -Premuim Nutri-blocks

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raindrop

I have called many Pet Valu stores and other pet stores looking for the all popular Living Worl Premuim Nutriblocks that I have been feeding my girls for sometime. The girl at Pet Valu told me they are still stocking it but that it is back ordered. What else is everybody feeding their rats as far as nutri=blocks. I will be heading to Ottawa in the morning and would like some places to look for certain brands. Joanne I may have to take you up on the brand you suggested but I don't want to start feeding them something that I can't get locally. I don't think that far ahead in time to order anything :roll:

Ann

raindrop said:
I have called many Pet Valu stores and other pet stores looking for the all popular Living Worl Premuim Nutriblocks that I have been feeding my girls for sometime. The girl at Pet Valu told me they are still stocking it but that it is back ordered. What else is everybody feeding their rats as far as nutri=blocks. I will be heading to Ottawa in the morning and would like some places to look for certain brands. Joanne I may have to take you up on the brand you suggested but I don't want to start feeding them something that I can't get locally. I don't think that far ahead in time to order anything :roll:

Ann

That's the big problem with getting the Harlan, it's such a long way to get it and may not be able to get it at the right time.
The Extrusion for Hamsters can be found at Walmart, that is almost exactly the same as the nutriblocks.
Ask Carole where she gets her huge bulk Extrusion for Hamsters in Ottawa.

I wrote to the company and was told they were going to producing Nutriblocks - a reason was never given. So, my crew have been getting Oxbow.

raindrop said:
Someone mentioned Mazuri on another forum awhile back. Is it still in the running?

Ann

I get my 50 lb bags of Mazuri 6F in Oakville at Ren's Pet Depot. You need to order it and it arrives within 2 weeks. But it would be a huge trek for you.

Mazuri in my opinion, is way better than anything made by Hagen.

The block I feed is based off of a Purina formula, I'm not sure which one. It is 20% protein and my rats thrive on it.

I know it has been shown now that lower protein is better, but many people have fed up to 24% protein for years and years.... I don't think that it will automatically condemn your rat to a shortened lifespan or problems. :) My two cents.

Back