Litter training

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CardboardCastles

Is such a pain....and I think I'm doing it wrong.

Currently, I have an SP exotics cage, bottom, then 3 levels, one level is pretty much covered in stuff, so they dont' really go there, but the other two levels I've got litter trays and it seems the girls would rather poop in the water dishes I use to catch the drippage from my waterbottles.

I also have the entire bottom tray as litter right now, but I'd like to know if you guys think I could get away with a litter box down there too, and lining it in fleece...

All I know is that this is my new in-between cage, I'm saving up for a FN

I would go ahead and put fleece at the bottom and have a litter pan. How old are your girls? It takes a long time to litter train them but then others catch on so quick. Ya, I have a one that likes to poop in the water bowl. Drives me mad!

they're still really young, but I had Lucy and Wil using the litter trays and not pooping all over (except for the water dish) until I put the rescue babies in with them, now its like a poop party wherever they are.

Babies are total poop machines. Continue doing what you are doing so that the other two don't entirely forget. You have to keep picking up all the loose poops and putting it in the litter pan.

Back