Lisbet – May 2005 to May 8, 2008 :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

One week after her 3-year-old birthday, my lovely tiny Lisbet slowed right down and showed me strongly that she was tired and didn’t want to be here anymore. I stayed up on the couch with her last night, since she was unhappy in her cage, and this morning I dropped her off at my vet’s to be pts. She was with me for only 11 months. :(

Lisbetmay72eve.jpg

My other little pink alien has left me to rejoin her beloved sister. I had a feeling that it wouldn’t be too long that Lisbet would leave me. :(

Lisbet was the tiny, subordinate sister whom Bella defended at all costs, with her teeth in me if necessary. But Bella also felt she had the right to be the one to beat her up when she felt like it. LOL So poor Lisbet always sported a startling array of scratches. But I guess Karma kicked in and it was she who scratched over Bella’s eye and burst the eyeball. :p
Sadly Lisbet had a chronic URI that would flare up occasionally and often sounded just terrible.

I was sure that sweet Lisbet would pine for her sister after she left us early in April, but she was amazing and was bouncing around and climbing and active and bright.

She had a personality that was always outshone by her more pushy sister, but it really came out in the last month…she loved to sleep on my stomach…we’d nap like that…it was lovely, and I will miss those moments.

I hope you found Bella right away my lovely girl, I will miss you so much but I know you are happy now again. :heart:

Sleepy chickens when they first came home
Chickens-SleepyJuly1.jpg

September
Lisbetsept16.jpg

Lizzy loved her meds…she would demand them!
Lisbetmed2.jpg

My little gal
LisbetJan30.jpg

Little Lizzy in February
LisbetFeb15.jpg

After Bella left us
April 18
Lisbetapr18.jpg

April 20
Lisbetapr20.jpg

Lisbetcuddledtomyhandapr20.jpg

April 29 having brekkie
Lisbetgetsbrekkieinbedapr29.jpg

My first nakies ever really embedded themselves in my heart, fare thee well my little loves. :heart:

Awww both aliens are now gone. ET go home.

I'm sorry Shelagh. I am really surprised, from everything you said on here she seemed to be trucking along well.
I really am truly shocked, but I guess we all knew she would only want to go so long without Bella.

Poor little sweeties.....I'm sorry Lilspaz....Spend a little time thinking about how happy you made each other while you were together. It will bring peace to your sad heart. :( :heart:

Oh Shelagh Im so sorry...Lisbet is with her sister now playing at the bridge....im so glad they came to you for their last months :heart:

I am so sorry for the loss of Lisbet. :heart:
She must have been a brave little rattie to stay on this earth for as long as she could.
I acknowledge you for taking Lisbet and her sister Bella in. :hugs:

I am sorry Shelagh for your loss. Lisbet will be happy with her sister at Rainbow Bridge. Give your remaining ratties a hug and kiss for me.
:hugs: :roseopen:

Ann

I'm so sorry Shelagh, I still remember the first time the nakkies touched my skin, it felt so strange and warm at first, but then it was just love. She's happy at the bridge with her sister now :(

Awww Lisbet was the first nekkie rat I ever had the oppertunity to have.

I'm so sorry to her shes gone. :hugs:

Back