Lilith – July 2009 to August 12, 2011 :’(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Lilith was just a wee thing when she arrived. Mo0nKist had basically shamed a petstore owner into giving the baby to her and then to me. The man put her in with his adult beige hooded boy, thinking she was a male, when she was really a female. We got her out of there because she was sick, and we wanted to stop the endless litters she might have.

Lilith was sooo tiny, and soo young…how could you imagine her having babies? Babies having babies? Yes it does happen. She must’ve caught on her first heat.
undecided.gif

Lilithscaredaug9.jpg

11 days later the little skinny baby girl was a baby balloon and I was soo worried about this wee thing giving birth, but she did well and was an amazing mother with her 8 baby boys.

Such a good momma
Lilithnursing2sep1.jpg

She even had occasional moments where she would stay still and let me pat her…never for too long, then she was off! She had a whole “My Way or the Highway” attitude going on. LOL

Lilith2sep18.jpg

Her first family which included her nakie son Yoda and her black hooded son Puck

Moonandratsjan1.jpg

Happy cuddled up to her big son

Lilith4jan30.jpg

When she was sleepy, she would rest her head on my hand. I think this is where her eye troubles started. :(

Lilithmar5.jpg

Her 2nd family was Isabella and Hansel…a much quieter group, but she was really starting into her eye issues, and was soon to have the honour of being loved at the vet clinic but not loved when they had to remove stuff stuck under her 3rd eyelid. They would have to anesthetize her so deeply, because Lilith of the Lids of Steel would clamp down if you didn’t LOL

sep25IsabellaandLilith.jpg

Lilith for all her opinionated ways was a very sweet girl. For the first 1.5 years of her life, she did her own thing, she didn’t cuddle much, but she was a nice girl. This is from the night I had to have Isabella pts. For the first time, she crawled up into my lap, and lay there while I stroked her and cried. She stayed with me for 20 mins, and I am sure she knew I needed her. After that she did the same thing every night. She would bump my leg until I picked her up or she would climb my outstretched legs LOL

apr27Lilith1.jpg

For the people who didn’t know, Lilith’s eye issues became very serious, and then the vet and I realized she had a mass over her eye, that we didn’t think was operable. We decided to just leave it and see how she did. Within a week the eye was being compressed by the mass and I took her in to be put to sleep. She was in pain and not a happy girl :(

jun14Lilith.jpg

We decided she was so healthy except this awful thing that we wanted to try and she had a drastic radical surgery to remove tumor tissue that included the removal of her eye. She was sooo swollen afterwards but it didn’t keep her down.

jun16Lilith1.jpg

Through many ups and downs that felt a lot like a roller coaster ride (that some wonderful forum people went through with me), the tumour recurred on the side of her nose and under her eye and was causing serious issues with her breathing, and fluids coming out of her nose. Today I took her to my vets and as they were doing up Frida’s intake for her surgery, my Lilith gave me the most wonderful cuddles, bruxxes and boggles then in typical Lilith fashion, said “enough, got things to do”…and proceeded to walk along the bench in the clinic’s reception, and onto the shelves where the bagged foods for sale were. She explored them all thoroughly...she was my Lilith to the end.

I shall always remember her as one of 2 ways…as an older girl sprawled flat on my chest getting her pats, scritches and strokes, and both of us falling asleep that way. Or a young girl, braced and ready to face the world and discover all the wonderful things in it. We shall all miss her.

Lilithaug31.jpg

You never gave up on her. You told her she would be safe with you and would have the world and she did. She was a lucky rat. Off to her next journey with so many stories to tell...
She will be fine and will be waiting for you.
((hugs))

I have to agree with Victoria, that was a wonderful tribute to Lilith! Boy! can you ever see the attitude you described in her beautiful eyes and stance! I am not sure where I heard this recently, but; we might not get the rattie we want...BUT we'll always get the rattie we need!! :hugs:

Goodbye sweet Lilith. We were all pulling for you and will be thinking of you tonight as you meet up with your buddies at the Bridge...

:hugs:

oh my she was so tiny- that baby having babies! I didn't know how her story began. so glad she found her way to you

rest in peace little girl.

I am so very very sorry ....
A wonderful tribute to an amazing little rattie girl
.... Lilith had such a great life with you and gave so much back ....

What a beautiful, well-deserved tribute to a little fighter who knew how lucky she was and appreciated it. RIP sweet Lilith - I'm sad your time had to come so soon, I really hoped the surgery would give you much more time, but sadly all battles cannot be won. Hugs to you Shelagh for giving her all the chances she could get - as always, you prove to be a wonderful ratty mama :hugs:

Took a while to be up to writing on this thread.

Oh, pink and white fuzzy angel ballerina... I miss you! But you're free from pain, you're running free and happy, and with that my heart is content.

Aww Lilith :( She was always one of the rats I kept an eye out for updates on in the forums, I remember when she first arrived....Play hard baby girl.

I remember the talk of the sick petstore rattie in with all the boys. The little girl that came to you, the daily weigh in's, the balloning belly, the birthing video at 3am, the guess the sex only to find out they all looked the same. Eye issues etc etc etc. Lilith, your mummy loved you from the moment she learned of you and loved you till the very end. R.I.P little girl, remembered by many, you will live on in memory. *hugs*

Today I received something in the mail. It was from a place called The Farley Foundation. and it read...

"In Memoriam

A donation to the Farley Foundation was kindly made in the Memory of Lilith by Greenwood Park Animal Hospital.

This Gift will help provide necessary veterinary care to the pets of seniors and disabled individuals on liimited incomes, and women at risk of abuse across Ontario"

What a wonderful gift of life was given on behalf of our feisty girl. It's perfect :heart:

To read more on The Farley Foundation
http://www.farleyfoundation.org

Back