Lazy boys don't seem to like mom any more :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petunia

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
don't get me wrong, I am thrilled that my 3 boys (two of which are intact!!) all get along so well,
but they don't seem to have much interest in me any more

and they have gotten fat and lazy.
:(

I don't know what to do to get them more interested in me, and more interested in playing

none of them know how to do tickle chase or anything like that.
Rocko showed some interest in a toothbrush but that didn't last too long.

They are all roughly the same age- around 18 mos, give or take a couple of months. Dre and Norry might be as old as 20 mos, Rocko could be as young as 16 mos.

what do I do to get them to be more active?

Sounds about normal for that age. You'll need to get creative. Maybe tie a string around a cheerio and drag it around, get them chasing it and coming to you. Maybe smear some yummy stuff on your shirt.

Sounds about normal for that age. You'll need to get creative. Maybe tie a string around a cheerio and drag it around, get them chasing it and coming to you. Maybe smear some yummy stuff on your shirt.

smear some yummy stuff on my shirt
:laugh4:

oh wait, you're serious aren't you? :eek:mg: :rofl4::rofl4::rofl4:

yeh that would do it with these guys!! :rolleyes2:

well, I don't know if they snuck out and saw my complaint on here or what, But right after I wrote this, I took them out, and all 3 of them were on me, Dre and Norry ran up the front of me and snuggled under my sweatshirt, Rocko went straight for my nose

:doh:
little nutball! I've still got a cold (longest flippin cold I've ever had, it seems) and he just wants to clean out my nose for me soooo bad LOL
I appreciate the sentiment, but ewwwwwwwwww! lol

so yeh, I was happy to see them all flock to me, and I didn't even have any treats!

I will try the cheerios on a string.... They figured out the treat ball pretty fast, so that's not really a challenge any more.

smear something yummy on my shirt..........you're serious, aren't you? :laugh4:

I have a couple of rat-ified shirts and tops that I only use when I"m playing with them... that could work.

oh the things we do for our ratties, and to get rattie love

Try a feather cat toy. We found them at the dollar store and they look like a feather duster. Try bubbles. my oldies liked bubbles. Stick treats in your pockets LOL they will flock to you for that.

I agree, food is the #1 way to get ratties to come to you. Mine also like a big, loose sweater. I haven't done 'up the sleeves' for ages, but my oldie Sabrina still remembers and tries to go up my sleeve sometimes! LOL

OK I'll get some bubbles. Feather cat toy only works for Rocko,
Norry and Dre are afraid of it, poor guys

They perked up the last couple of days.... and I got some videos

:mrgreen:

sadly I didn't realize I wasn't aiming the camera at them and I missed the last couple of minutes when Dre was jumping on Norry and Rocko and then Norry and then Rocko lol
[ame]http://youtu.be/5ewgs2R8FDY[/ame]

Rocko and Dre have a little civilized disagreement, I love the way Dre yawns when it's over lol
[ame]http://youtu.be/q5I8gE5WJi0[/ame]

Rocko noms a foam sheet
[ame]http://youtu.be/vjth4ytyK2I[/ame]

Back