Latest rescues New PIcs

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devela

A woman decided to surrender her rats last night and brought her to me. I am glad I got them they needed it. One female has red eye of which will be treated as soon as I can get her to the vet. The other female seems to be fine. The male is overweight poor guy and she had him in a tiny hamster cage. CRUEL. On top f that she fed them bird seeds and nothing else as it was cheap to buy at Bulk barn... sighs... I gave them some lettuce today and they all started to nibble on it which is good. I also threw away teh pine/cedar shavings she had and put in aspen instead. I'll post pics soon for everyone to see. Lets hope I can give these fellas what they need and a new home soon.

P9200445.jpg

The male. I havent named them yet and the woman didnt gibr us any names either.

P9200441.jpg

The females. Also un-named.

You guys are much to kind. They needed better than what they were getting. tonight after work i plan on intriducing them to a bit of cooked chicken.
see how they take to that. also got some nice ledges and toys that safe for them to chew on for their cages.

I've got the male out on my shoulder right now while here at the computer and he is being awesome. checking everything out and seems very calm so far.

I have finally named them... took me a bit but I've choosen some names. The male I have named Gandolf.. The hooded female is Mischief (since she is none stop trouble) and the cream female is Magicia, cause she makes things disapear in her cage...LMAO... sounds funny I know... I gave them their first pure home made meal dinner today with vegies and chicken I've never seen rats eat so fast before. :bunnydance:

I am happy to announce that the females eye problems have completely cleared up with their new diet, and the male is no longer sneezing... woohooo :bunnydance: :happydance:

Back