Lady's Surgery(Enucleation) Update 02/18

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Lady saw Dr. Munn today for her funny eye. Well our little feisty lass has uveitis and glaucoma (there's some bleeding into the ocular bulb when you pull her bottom lid down). :(

She is scheduled for an enucleation (eye removal) this Wednesday. She is in fantastic shape other than that, no lumpies, bumpies or respy problems :thumbup:

Also, my rats have contracted lice. :p I assume the new fosters brought it in, since its a new infestation. So tomorrow I will be treated ALL my rats! :doh:

I hope that Lady's surgery goes well ... and that she is soon feeling much better.

Treating so many ratties is a major job ....
tho I'm sure you will turn it into major cuddle time with each little sweetie.

Poor Lady! But she will feel much better without the bad eye, just like my Tia did. I'm glad you've got Dr. Munn, because enucleation is a job for someone who knows what they are doing. My vet did a fabulous job, and so I have every confidence that Lady will do well.

Give her a kiss for me!

As for the lice, what a pain for you. Not exactly what you need this week. :(

The lice were my stupidity, I usually think of treating rats as they come in, but I only had big tubes of Dog (40 kg?) here and didn't want to open one for only 2 rats...silly me. :cheeky:

At least I have tons, and I am nowhere near as "itchy" as I usually am about buggies. :laugh4:

I asked if she stitched it closed or left it open...closed thank god...I have "eye issues" :shock:

Moon, don't forget Theo's neuter and Angel's tooth trim on friday too. :mrgreen:

I forgot about Theo's neuter. We need an update on that boy, especially since he hasn't taken to Fred yet, hehe.

(scratch, scratch) I empathize with your bug issues.

As for the eye, it will look OK. I'll see if I can find a photo of Tia afterwards. It didn't look bad even the day she came home from surgery.

Here is Tia in the ball with Melissa & Penny:

RatpileTiaetal.jpg

Here she is on her second birthday, which was at least six months after the surgery:

TiacroppedForumsize.jpg

Do they make rat sized eye patches? Lady can tell the other rats that she's a pirate.
Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of yogies.

So, you have shares in Dr. Munn's practice now, right?

It's a good thing all those ratties have nurse Shelagh to take care of them! :rathugz:

:heart: Sweet Lady! I know how she feels about Metacam. That stuff smells weird, like some of the odours they use in olfactory perception psychology experiments.

Tia looks beautiful, now as long as there are no complications we should be good as her.

I am setting up her hospital cage and carrier tonight and I am as distracted and worried as if it was my first surgery. :roll:

We;ll all be thinking of Lady tomorrow. She couldn't be in better hands, which is a comfort, but I know that awful aching anxiety while a sweet ratty is in surgery.... hope you both come through the day in great shape. :hugs:

Back