Korrie's Ratties

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korrie

Heyo! So I finally got around to actually making this thread.

The rat cage is deep cleaned, the boys are happily scampering around inside.
They are SO CUTE OH MY GOD

Here's the lovely cleaned cage, complete with food bowl that they are ACTUALLY USING PROPERLY!

AQ0RcOn.jpg

And here's the boopers:

tumblr_mxpmwqklE61rq81k1o5_500.jpg

tumblr_mxpmwqklE61rq81k1o6_500.jpg

tumblr_mxpmwqklE61rq81k1o4_500.jpg

ahahah I love this one, it's so cute, he was VERY interested in the flashy thingy that I always have!
tumblr_mxpmwqklE61rq81k1o1_500.jpg

Alright!!
All the rats have names.

tumblr_mxq5iyE2nW1rq81k1o3_1280.jpg

Here we have all three, they HAVE figured out the pocket hammock thing.

So, here we go.
White-ish yellow-ish one is Bethany.
Forehead Splotch is Steve.

And... Mostly-black one...
Is Beyoncé.

Beyoncé is the queen of pretty much everything, yes? And Beyoncé the rat is the top rat in the cage.

Perfect.

LOL, they are adorable!
I got some 4" drainage pipe at the hardware store and cut it into shorter pieces and zip tied that to the side of the cage - they love tunnels!

Thanks for the piping tip!!

Look at this precious baby.
tumblr_mxxm2wMipQ1rq81k1o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mxxm2wMipQ1rq81k1o1_1280.jpg

They're so cute.

They don't quite want to be picked up yet? I just kind of put my hand in their cage and let them sniff me all over, they like to try to trim my nails for me.

But they definitely do not want to be held. Is that okay? Should we be doing something?
I just don't wanna force them in to anything. They're sweet and licky, so it's not that they don't like us.. I think.

Hahaha! I said they're so cute and then read you wrote the same thing. :giggle:

My philosophy is that I want them to become accustomed to me ASAP, so I will pick them up, snuggle them, and then put them down whenever I'm close to the cage. As well, I will do interactive times, when I take them and put them under my sweater while I'm on the computer or watching TV. They get used to your sounds and scent, but feel secure because they are 'hiding' under your sweater.
And give them little treats whenever I have something like a grape, or a bit of my supper, or a nut or something...

I will just pick them up and have them on my shoulder everywhere I go for at least an hour per day :)
They will get used to you sooner.
During the 1 hour I would give them some head or chin scratches and/ or just grab them for a little kisses and put them back again.

I really like Steve!

Back