Kona biggest lump yet!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are they tumors or cyst? or an abscess type thing?

They didn't open up the last ones since I wasn't going to pay to have them tested, but I'm assuming they were the same as the first time which is some where in the beginning of this thread along with pictures of the last lump that ruptured. I believe some type of fatty tumors, but one that they removed last time was 12 grams

How long was it from the time the lump was teeny until now?

He had surgery on 1/3 (the day I pointed out the tiny lump) and I noticed the huge lump on 1/27 - so 25 days!!!! But we were out of town for a week so it could of been there sooner

He had surgery on 1/3 (the day I pointed out the tiny lump) and I noticed the huge lump on 1/27 - so 25 days!!!! But we were out of town for a week so it could of been there sooner
Wow, that's fast. :(
Is that the only one right now? He must be healed up from the first surgery by now (aside from still being a bit naked). Do you think this will be the last one for a bit or are there more forming?

He has a second small one in arm pit area under his left arm that is new too. They just seem to keep popping up. I realized yesterday the big one is more between where the last one ruptured and his spine. I cannot keep removing these, but this new one is SO big I can only imagine its uncomfortable for him.

It's a tough decision to go on with surgeries. How many has he had so far? If he is in good shape, I would probably do it again just because not doing it means he will have to be euthanized relatively soon. You know him best and will make the best decision for him. :hugs:

It's a tough decision to go on with surgeries. How many has he had so far? If he is in good shape, I would probably do it again just because not doing it means he will have to be euthanized relatively soon. You know him best and will make the best decision for him. :hugs:

He's had 5 or 6 now removed. They certainly don't seem to bother him, but I worry about putting him under so much since his daddy had to be pts because of PT.

I worry about putting him under so much since his daddy had to be pts because of PT.
My girl Petunia's incisors started over growing for the second time when she was around two. She went in for months, getting gassed down and her teeth trimmed every two weeks. It was the lesser of two evils - otherwise she would have had to have been put down. (She never did develop a PT, BTW)
It may be the lesser of two evils for you too...

My girl Petunia's incisors started over growing for the second time when she was around two. She went in for months, getting gassed down and her teeth trimmed every two weeks. It was the lesser of two evils - otherwise she would have had to have been put down. (She never did develop a PT, BTW)
It may be the lesser of two evils for you too...

He has to go in and get his eyes rechecked anyway some how he got them scratched and one is healing where one isn't so we think he is probably blind in the one now and limited in the other. Its also over $400 for these things to be removed - I have to stop some where if its going to be every couple months. Do I wait until he has 4 or 5 then remove them? I'll discuss it with the vet again. I just don't understand why he has these and why they are so rapid in growing.

I'm taking him in Tuesday with the snip snip boys to have the doctor look at and assess the lumps. The have a follow up appointment and he is the doctor that removed the lumps.

Kona's big lump is 2cm X 2cm and the other one is about pea sized and could possibly be a lymph node. We are just going to leave them alone unless he shows any signs that they are bothering him - such a immobility and/or they become like the last one with the potential to burst. My wonderful boy let me know exactly what he thought of me for taking him back to the vet - as I took him out of the travel cage he decided he would come out peeing and on me! :laugh:

"But mom, I held it as long as I could!"

I hope these lumpy bumpies stop growing so he can have a break for a while.

Reminded me of my son when he was a baby!! We are trying him on another holistic to hopefully stop them. Usually he is a scare pooper and he stinks up the place with those....

This lump is huge, but it seems to have stopped growing. I don't think it is causing him any problems, but I just don't like it. I'll try and measure it sometime or get a photo so you guys have an idea what I'm talking about.

Back