Kamali March 13/06 to Dec. 2/07

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

The sky wept again. It seems every time I leave Dr Sohal's clinic after putting to sleep one of my beautiful rats it rains. Everytime. No difference today. It rained hard for about 10 minutes as I was walking to the subway to go home. The weather must agree with me on how sad it is when my babies have to leave.

Kamali told me this morning, there would be no more rallying, she was tired and waiting for help. I took her in, and was able to gas her and hold her myself. She went very quickly. :cry:

She was one of those sweet ones, a lady through and through, unlike her much bigger and more brusque fawn sister Kyrie.

She was born in NB in horrible conditions. With her was her dad Byron (taken in by Linda on this forum), her mom Corrie (who stayed with Godmother but was much loved by SQ) and her auntie Nettie, who moved around a bit but ended up back in SQ's care at the end of her life. The adults were snake rats but the snake ignored them. They guy's girlfriend decided to keep them and not let him feed them to the snake. Then as nature proceeds along, Corrie had her first litter.

Godmother took them in to foster, having never dealt with a litter before, but did amazingly well. Big thanks to her! We got pictures and updates of our wee ones growing up. :)
NBbabiesMar27.jpg

NBbabyeatingcereal.jpg

CorrienursingthebabiesApr3.jpg

Holly put out a big plea for adopters for these wee ones, but for some reason there were no takers in her area. A few of us in Ontario decided if they could get the babies to us we would take them in. Thus began Holly's long journey to rehome these sweethearts. She drove over 13 hours one way to Montreal, stayed overnight and headed back. The rescue in Montreal (Jane of Small Victories) brought them into Ontario and we all met up at Jane's parents farm outside of Toronto.

I met Joanne for the first time then as she picked up some adoptees from Jane's rescue (Vincent and Pascal I believe?) and 3 PEW boys from Clark's rescue as well.
The babies were adorable!! But one little beige girl picked me. I picked her up and she climbed behind my neck and stayed there. I never put her back with her siblings again, I was so afraid of losing her. She stayed there sleeping for a long time (Joanne kept checking :)). Notamuised took in 2 girls who are now with Nickelrat, Vanessa took in 4 lovely boys (I have no idea how she was able to tell those 3 beige boys apart!!), and I took in Kamali and Kyrie.

Here they are first home:) Kamali on left, Kyrie on the right
KamalibeigeandKyriefawn.jpg

Young ladies
KKtimeforarest.jpg

Kyrie, Kamali and Vesta
BabiesandVesta.jpg

Kamali at 8 months
Kamaliat8mo-1.jpg

Kamali with her friends in the Horde
TheHordeisawake.jpg

In her hammie
Kamalisteeth.jpg

Dilbert being her constant gentle companion…to the end.
DilbertandKamali2Nov12.jpg

Dilbert came with us to the clinic. When I had Kamali in my arms stroking her to sleep while waiting, he was bouncing around the carrier as I pat him with my other hand. When I got back, he was subdued and quiet. On the way home he licked my hand and bruxed for me as I patted him inside the carrier on the subway. He knew.

Love ya sweet girl :heart:

Oh Shelagh :(

I'm so sorry for your loss

She was so lucky to such an awsome mom like you.

R.I.P Kamali <3 <3 <3

:tearful:

Very beautiful memorial Shelagh for a very beautiful girl. Dilly what an amazing rat he is.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

She was a beautiful girl. She was very loved, and she'll be missed.

Play hard, sweetheart.

Sweet, beautiful Kamali, what a journey and a wonderful life. Such is your fate and you leave such sadness behind.

I remember that first meeting... I remember when mommy was so excited for her new baby girls and how she would not put down that sleeping baby. She was hooked.

I'm so very sorry Shelagh. Archie and Fred send their love.

I am so very sorry Shelagh.

You gave Kamali :heart: a wonderful life filled with all the things that makes a rattie's life so special.
Thank you for posting the beautiful pictures and allowing us all a glimpse into Kamali's :heart: life. Such a dear little girl :heart: .
I had forgotten how she had picked you ... so very sweet and special ...

Thank you for being with Kamali :heart: to the end. She knew your love and comfort.

Kamali :heart: is now with your other ratties and with her mama Corrie, auntie Nettie, and her half brother Jonathan.

take good care,

((HUGS))
Holly & David (Kamali's half brother)

Sorry Shelagh for the loss of Kamali. I am sure she is thanking you for a wonderful life and remembers all the good times. She can join our special human friend that passed away on Thursday. Colleen liked our rats so I am sure she would like Kamali too.

Ann

raindrop said:
Sorry Shelagh for the loss of Kamali. I am sure she is thanking you for a wonderful life and remembers all the good times. She can join our special human friend that passed away on Thursday. Colleen liked our rats so I am sure she would like Kamali too.

Ann

I am sorry Ann. Kamali loved people so I am sure she will check in with Colleen.

My thoughts are with you! :hugs:

Oh Shelagh.....hugs to you. You are one of the more caring & loving rat people I know. Kamali was a sweet, sweet girl and we all loved your stories of how she and her rattie relatives have grown and thrived since their rescues.

:tearful: Goodbye, sweet Kamali

Shelagh, what a beautiful memorial. Thank you for posting Kamali's story! I had not seen some of the photos, and I didn't know that she chose you like that.

My heart is heavy for you, because I know how hard it is to lose a special ratty.

I am so glad that Kamali spent her life with you, so grateful that she had a merciful death. You gave her the very best.

Many snuggles from her sisters Tia, Melissa, Angela, Megan & Penny. Hugs from me.

Back