Just when I thought I couldn't love him any more....

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fenshae

My boyfriend is a total rat convert.

When we started dating 3 years ago, the rats made him nervous. He suggested I not get anymore (....that was a LOT of rats ago) and wouldn't come near them at all. Slowly he started to warm up to them. He would hold Master Splinter if I had him out of the cage...and then when Beryl showed up they became best buds and David always had him out on the desk while he was playing games.

So last night, we're doing some quick cleaning in preparation for my parent's coming over today, and he kept getting distracted by the rats. The boys are big bar-clingers, every time you walk by they all plaster themselves to the bars and look cute, and reach out their paws trying to get us in the cage with them.

Here I am, cleaning, and David keeps peeking out of the bedroom:
"Hey babe! Did you know the rats like to lick fingers?! I just put my hand in the cage and all the boys licked me!"
"Basil just stuck his nose out through the cage bars so I could pet him!"
"Do you have any treats? They need more treats."
"All my favorite rats are in THIS cage! Come look how cute they're being!"
"You know, I actually play with them all the time...while you're at work....."

He also made a big deal about adding a new toy to the cage (an empty oatmeal carton) and cooing over them when they started rolling it around and trying to climb inside.

This whole time I'm pretty much cracking up over the sheer cuteness factor.

Finally, in the midst of our cleaning, he found this little clay seal ocarina I've had since forever, and this little lightbulb went off over his head, so he decided to play Pied Piper.

(apologies for the shirtlessness...I think I've mentioned before that it's pretty much impossible to ever get him to wear a shirt in the house? maybe he'll start now that he realizes I'll keep putting pictures of him on the internet.....)
davidpiper1.jpg

Picture519.jpg

The rats were absolutely fascinated and wanted to figure out wtf he was doing. Sooooo funny. I really thought I was going to die of cuteness overload.

Yep. I've got a keeper.

"Do you have any treats? They need more treats."
lol
Keeper indeed, go you!
Joe and I aren't living together at the moment, but there's been a few "d'aw" moments when he comes over and immediately goes over and opens up Obie's cage and starts cuddling him (this from the guy who was seriously uneasy and afraid to hold them 2 years ago). I can't wait to move in and watch him bloom into a true rat convert!

I think ALL of your guys are keepers!!!!

What a trooper your bf is!!! LOL... don't let those pics go viral or you may suddenly have the press parked on your front lawn for interviews. :wink2: :bunnydance:

Back