Just saying Helloooo to all of the rat people on the forum

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blkittygirl

Hi,
My name is Bev and I love rats! My baby just died Sat afternoon. He was about 2.5 years old and had been sick for about 4 days when he died. I am heartbroken. I miss him every morning cuz I used to get up and open his cage in the morning and have him on the couch with me while I drank my coffee. He was nothing if he wasn't entertainiing. God I loved that little guy. I'm home all day so he spent most of the time with me, except at nap time (his not mine) cuz he was alone. I rescued him from the jaws of a snake. His previous owner was going to feed him to the snake down the street cuz the kids had lost interest. I couldn't bear it and told her to get him over here right away, and that's where my love affair with Nutsy started. I know its not right to have just one rat but I did try to get a friend but the fighting was really bad, blood and boo-boos galore so they lived separately. Rhino(another rescue) died last fall. I just got up and he was dead. I had only had him about 6 months but I suspect he was past 2 when I got him.
Anyway, I am glad to be on your forum now. I will be getting two more rats, but siblings and young. I have to sterilize and reconfigure the cage first. It's plenty big enough for two or three.
Thank you for having me.....Bev

Welcome to the rat forum, Bev. It is nice to see another person from North Bay. We do not have rats anymore :( but I still love to read the forum and see pictures.

Ann

Back