Juno and company

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cityratt

Hi All,
I know its been a while, things have been a little crazy on my end, and I also had to go away for a while (if you'd like to chat send me a message) anyhow - I've acquired a breeding pair of very young rats :( off kijiji - please know I did not pay a single red cent for them (another story :wink2: )

But. Shes pregnant. and Dad is an absolute SWEETHEART.

I'm going to try and find homes for the entire litter (should she be pregnant as I suspect) as well as mom and dad (affectionately Juno and Bleaker) I will post pics.

I hope all is well with you all, its been a long time...

Looks like i may need your help over the next little bit with this... :oops:

Welcome back cityratt!!!

So you were able to get your hands on these guys. Good for you!!
We'll definitely help you out in spreading the word. Hope you can provide us with pics too. :joy:

oh jo! thanks :cuddle: Im going to take some pics once they settle in
i have multitudes of questions, is there a good "I have a young pregnant rat HELP" thread I should read?

its just aweful aweful they took her babies, and used her to cross foster other litters, her nipples are sore....they had her in with the male....and they guy was confident she was pregnant

i hope she gets a break - she looks so young. :(

Anne, did you get my email? All I got back from you was nevermind, so I didn't know if you got my reply.

After work, I'll look for those threads, I'm sure we have a dozen of them. Ask your questions here, I'm sure we can all help you.

Better hands, better life, and her better life started the minute you walked out the door with her. Congratulations and welcome back. :D

oh where to start!

I guess, what should I be feeding mum? supplementing her diet with?

She looks so tiny guys - i'll get some photos to show later tonight but wow. I can't even get a guess at an age - just young, but old enough to have had a litter of 12....

They were both so timid - Bleaker being braver than Junie - but I've had her out with me while Ive been working on my genetics project and shes now running around the bathroom....a bit....atleast not cowering in a corner! I could cry.

The scumbag said that she had her litter a couple weeks ago, and that shes since been in with Bleaker - sure shes pregnant because he "herd him at her". ... .... breathe....count to 10.....
but it also sounds like they took her pups from her, and were using her to rotationally lactate another rat's litter. ....her pups were....used....

so shes likely pregnant right? :gaah: Should I be weighing her? doing anything else?

SHES BRUXXING!!!!!!

So here are some fotos of the kids....

They're coming along, slowly but surely i think (i mean heck they havnt even been here 12 hours yet!) Bleaker is VERY smooshie, and Juno ..... is timid, but once you sit with her and tell her she's ok she comes around quickly - so for day 1 progress, im not feelin too bad..... so without further ado ....

Bleaker:
"Who me?"
IMG_7608.jpg

His splotchy backside
IMG_7611.jpg

schnuggles
IMG_7614.jpg

Mug Shot!
IMG_7621.jpg

little Juno:
just a small shy baby-girl
IMG_7628.jpg

poor girl - look how tiny!
IMG_7630.jpg

then the snuggles came :heart:
IMG_7634.jpg

and she relaxed a bit....
IMG_7639.jpg

email received and noted - very much appreciated

Thanks jo :)

Chelle said she'd post Bleaker on her website - I just need to write him a bio and send her a pic (Will do tomorrow) unless of corse anyone on here wants dibs :wink2:

I have no idea what dad is. He looks like a dark mink to me - not blue like my Rube...

I can try taking pictures tomorrow with natural light and see....its so freaking hard with those bluey browny colours..... because to my eye he looks just a bit darker than Juno....

but June has ruby eyes and i thought minks had black eyes..... and shes got some neat red in her coat.....

I dont think hes a pearl merle because other than the white hes not splotchy.....

but hes a veriberk no?

Back