Junior 1/2/07-9/25/07

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papercrow

How awful it is to have my turn to post in this section. I wish I knew how to get the photos off of DH's camera so this tribute could be better than it is going to be. :(

Junior lost his battle with what we originally thought was myco, but ended up being a heart problem. I wish his passing had been more peaceful, but at least I got to hold and comfort him as he went. Run free with quiet lungs and a strong ticker little man. You will be sorely missed.

Ahh papercrow I am very sorry, you tried so hard, and it can be so difficult to figure out what is truly wrong with our rats. :(

((hugs)) May your heart heal soon.

Play hard at the bridge sweet Junior!

I'm sorry he had to leave you so soon papercrow, but he was spoiled while you had him :D And I'm sure he will come back to visit.

I hope that's true Nickelrat. Now I'm crying all over again.

Just wanted to share that I have a four year old and this was the first major death in his life, as Junior was his favorite. I explained that we were going to be burying him in the ground and that he would decompose and eventually turn into dirt. He looked puzzled and then asked if plants would grow from him. I explained that they would and that his body would nourish those plants. He then asked about flowers. I said sure flowers would grow from him, He said "Then there would be a Junior flower?". So now the spot that he is buried in (in my hosta garden) is known as the Junior flower spot. Kids can be so amazing sometimes. Come spring I am going to find an amazing flower to grow in that spot.

Back