Josies Tumor Removal RIP 092909

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eagle

My girl Josie about 22 months has been dealing with a mammory tumor for about 5-6 months. It had progressed to the point that it was making it difficult for her walk up or down levels. Since the tumor had been slowing her down she was losing her status as alpha in the cage. I made the appointment and her surgery was on the 28th. I was nervous as this was my first tumor removal surgery. The surgery took a little longer than normal as they had to go into the muscle some. She is very sore and limited movement but seems to be better. Abs and pain killers are her best friend for now. :thumbup:

3869912656_5491ff4825.jpg

Before Surgery
3869130947_ac6ea2e426.jpg

In the carrier
3869912768_6ebf3d43e7.jpg

Vet clinic and yes it was still dark out
3869131063_44f42aa0db.jpg

3869912852_8d2e82416f.jpg

After surgery
3869131099_d7dd4da676.jpg

First meal after surgery. It took her a couple tries but she ate all of the cereal.

Awww... she looks so much skinnier now without the appendage.
Wow, that vet clinic is fancy! Mine is in strip mall and looks real dingy.

A fancy vet clinic does not a good vet clinic make. The best looking clinic in my area is the one I recommend the least..... sorry, off topic, LOL

Heal up well, Josie!

Ms. Josie is doin' great! :D Tonight she's real active and had some yummy peas and broccoli... She's a happy camper.

That was one huge tumor. I was quite nervous too when I was waiting for the result of my first rat surgery. Well, I think it can be called surgery. Tooth removal + abscess flushing.

Well Josie appears to be doing fine! =D Waves of healing vibes to her!

I'll be she's glad to have that big lump gone!
I hope this makes you more confident about surgery. It is soooooo much easier on them if you get the tumor removed when it is really small and not into muscle yet. It's a simple surgery if it's just attached to a bit of skin. I got to watch when my girl Mimi had her tumor removed. It was very straight-forward.
I hope she heals up fast!
:)

Back