Jeramy 20 Months old

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharlees rattakisses

My rattakiss Jeramy is over 20 months old and had been doing fine since having his hind leg removed in August. I have seen a rapid decline in his health in the last two weeks and I fear that he will "Leave me" In November. His front paws cross and he loses his balance more. I have given him antibiotics for an possible ear infection. He can't seem to chew his Harlan food any more and I have been giving him it mushed up in warm water. He loves his cheese but has trouble chewing like he may have had a stroke. Has anyone else noticed this in there older rats? He sleeps all the time now and spends his day on my lap. Watching him grow old before my eyes breaks my heart. :sad3:
He may be an "Old Man" but he sure looks sweet!!

Jeramy

Liking his veiw of the yogurt tub!!

Yogurt tub"the aftermath :heart:

jer-bear still likes to dance though :nod: and we had a photoshoot a few weeks ago.

-_-;; please don't put up the pictures mother.

He's such a sweetie, and it's sad to think that he might have PT after surviving his surgery so well. But with some Prednisone you might have him for a while yet, and you can spoil him rotten with love.

Thanx to all that send well wishes and info. He is such a spoiled boy!! Jeramy lays on my lap after his bath and LOVES it when I groom him to get rid of any lice that the shampoo didn't kill. I swear he purrs!! He enjoyed a romp around the computer room and is now sleeping soundly. :heart:

Back