Jenny is failing

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godmother

My little Jenny (formerly Josie) was adopted from Carolyn B in NS, who'd been taking care of them for someone who was never able to take them back. I don't know how old she is, but she was at least one year old when I adopted her and I have had her for 1 1/2 years now. My guess is that she is code to three years old.

She had a couple of mammary tumours and recovered well from surgery, but she has HED and is quite weak on her right side. Just before Christmas she became very inactive, although her appetite was good. Somehow she would haul herself off to the litter box and the food dishes, but I'd been giving her food away from the younger greedy cagemates.

Now she has to be hand fed, although she must crawl out to eat in the night when I'm sleeping: she's never dehydrated. She has suddenly developed two more tumours, one on the chest and one at the base of her tail. Those tumours must be taking a lot of resources, because she eats more than I though possible for a rat of her small size.

It's hard to see her failing. She has always been the most sweet-tempered of rats. Now that I've found out how to post, I planned to post a photo of her. But then I realized that I was on the iPad, which doesn't have the photos! I'll add that next....

SQ took Christmas photos of my rats, and here's one of sweet Jenny.

Awww I would love to see a pic of your lovely Jenny...and it's very sad to watch them decline when you have had them such a long time.

39448b3e3888fd88a74e87dc3ded7342.jpg

Taken by SQ

RIP sweet Jenny, play hard at the Bridge...
I'm sorry it was her time but I'm glad she didn't have a protracted illness.
:hugs: to you Godmother

I'm sorry you lost Jenny. Im sure she is enjoying herself restored to good health on the other side of the bridge with her family and new friends. :grouphug:

Back