Jaydon has a lump...UPDATE

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
moon said:
I in no way consider myself an expert but I can tell you what I've had with Emma...

Emma's abscess was in a similar spot, but more to one side. It recurred a number of times, and even though we cleaned it with saline religiously it kept coming back. This was about 4 times.

Then, just as I said, "If it doesn't stay away this time, we're putting her on antibiotics" it kind of.... stopped coming back. We had a good long bump-free stint, and then suddenly one day it was back full force. After it popped she was on antibiotics for another respiratory problem, and since then it has seemed to be kept at bay.

Now she is having a lot of other issues so it is hard to say for certain if the antibiotics really have kept it away, but I'm thinking it's a better to put them on antibiotics than just hope it goes away.

Moon, I'm thinking that your Emma has a tooth abscess and that's why it's recurring and impossible to totally get rid of. They are the nastiest things to deal with.

Thank you Godmother I will give him a few from you....It doesn't seem to be too bad.....it is totally flat now. I guess it might fill up again.....right?
My experiences with abscesses in dogs are that they are messy things...when they drain it is liquidy stuff.....this was white and thick.....came out like....toothpaste.

Good to know Moon....I thought it was possible it would fill up again.....I still feel very relieved....I was thinking something much worse......

I thought that too but Dr Munn didn't seem to think so. But since she now has so many troubles in that general area.... it's hard to tell what exactly's going on.

Thanks Jo.....I knew it had to heal on the inside out and not heal over but I wasn't sure what I should clean it with....Should I flush right in the hole with a syringe? That is what we do for dogs....Plus do you think it hurts?...He didn't seem to mind but Hubby and daughter didn't want me to push on it anymore...they said I would hurt him.....
It is a huge relief....since i have no idea of Pipers background or who their father is I don't know what kind of problems they are going to be plagued with...I'm hoping they will be healthy but........... :panic:

Yes, syringe right in the hole, exactly. I don't think it hurts too much but I'm sure it's rather uncomfortable.
As in dogs, it's really a classic area for a small puncture wound done through play. I don't think it's genetics.

Yes that was what I thought probably happened.....one of the brothers bit to hard...but before I knew it was an abscess I was thinking it was a tumor.....even though it didn't feel like a tumor....I couldn't help but worry.....

Back