Ivy and Lilly surgery before and after pics.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa's ZOO

Ivy got all stapled shut again yesterday and they are still in. I put Lilly and Ivy together in my superpet for now because I am 100% sure that Flower is the one who picked her staples out she kept grabbing on Lilly's when I got home last night and when I let everyone out for free range she was grabbing at Ivy's and would not let go. She does this to my earrings to, she grabs on and hangs on for dear life.

Ivy's before and after surgery photos.
DSC01601.jpg

DSC01665.jpg

Lilly's before and after.
DSC01600.jpg

DSC01597.jpg

DSC01663.jpg

Lilly could not wait to get back on her wheel.
DSC01669.jpg

It looks like they're healing well :)

Just out of curiosity - do you know why your vet chooses not to use dissolube stitches and surgical glue? From my experience, most all animals pick at incisions closed with staples. They're usually very invasive and sometimes painful. All of my rats' surgeries were closed with dissoluble stitches/glue, and they don't even realize they have an incision!

Actually he used glue and staples. Ivy has one incision that all of the staples came out of and has almost completely healed. Next time I am going to tell him I just want glue. Most of the staples have come loose and I have started clipping them off so they don't have very many left one or two each.

Back