I've got rats on the brain!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allie

Hey Rattie people! I've had rats on the brain lately and I forgot I became a member here last year. I have been loving reading people's posts and especially seeing the pictures for these past couple of weeks.

I got two little rat girls in January 2017 but it didn't work out at all. Long story short, I ended up rehoming them with the help of a local rat rescue. But they have a great home now with other rat sisters to love, so they got a happy ending. I cried like a baby the whole way home from dropping them off at their new home, but I am glad it worked out for them.

I still want pet rats so badly, but I doubt I will ever get any more after going through that. I still feel awful about rehoming them even though it worked out better for them. But I see everyone's posts about how great and loving their rats are and I am so jealous.

But I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for posting your rat's stories and pictures because it is so nice to read and see them even if I can't have my own :) Feel free to comment with a picture or a blurb about your little friends :) I am living vicariously through all of your rat families lol.

I’m sorry to hear that it didn’t work out with your girls. :( hopefully one day you can have rats again!

Currently I have my two boys, Chase and Ryker who are 1.5yrs old... I fostered their mom for a shelter and I just had to adopt a couple of the babies!

And I recently brought home a 1 yr old female that I adopted from the shelter.. she was having some behavioural issues and nipping at the staff so I brought her home. Once she is done her quarantine I will start intros with her and my boys!

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

Oh my soul they are adorable! I am a big fan of the fawn color and I love it when litter mates get to stay together!

Hopefully the new little lady will learn better behavior with you and your boys to teach her.

I see one of your previous rats was named Gypsy, I have an 11 year old dog named Gypsy too It's a great name!

Thank you! She looks like she was a sweetheart <3

Those baby pictures are too much cuteness all in one handful. Imagine if rats stayed that little, with their squinty little eyes and baby personalities! Although I guess if they stayed small they would just be like mice now that I think about it o_O

Back