Islay

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronwyn

I haven't made a dog post since my little tribute post on the other forum for Indy. A year and a half later I think it's safe to say I've accepted her death and her niece into my life.

Indy's breeder had a litter planned for my parents (I was so dead set against getting another dog as I was still mourning) but only one pup was born and they claimed her. But they then offered the only adult they had for sale - Islay (eye-lah). This is a name I had chosen about a month before Indy died so my family was a little shocked. I searched our patient database and no one has an Islay. I don't often look for signs but this one was impossible to ignore.

7wz7l0h.jpg

This is Islay a few weeks ago waiting for permission to come out onto the balcony with me. I was shaking out rat towels. ;) She's a really good dog and I'm thrilled I agreed to cast my "yes" vote despite it being too soon at the time. You see, since Islay is Indy's niece, it was even more difficult as the resemblance is sometimes disturbing. They even have the same mannerisms (pawerisms?) Indy was a little darker though. It's actually at the point where I don't have memories of Indy. They're wiped, and photos look unfamiliar.

869ofok.jpg

My parents let her visit me in Guelph sometimes, we actually just drove her to the farm tonight but she'll be back in December. :D

Thank you! :) I sometimes wish we kept up the show type of grooming like her breeder did but they're pretty when the fur grows wild as well. ;D

It's the perfect solution for someone who doesn't want a dog of their own yet - steal your family's for a while. :lol: She's been fantastic for the anxiety too, forcing me out of the apartment.

Back