Is it possible for a tumor to get smaller?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkBlade

Yeah... Kamchie was scheduled to go in surgery today but when I woke up this morning, the tumor was barely there anymore. It's less bigger than a pea. It barely feels like a tumor at all. O-o What's going on?

I still brought her to her surgery but I was wondering... I informed the receptionist of this too so she can tell the vet.

Its likely that it could be an abscess, or a tumor with an abscess around it. Was the tumor diagnosed by the vet? If it is just an abscess it could be treated quite easily.

She's not sprayed. And no, she wasn't seen by the vet for this one. I just called because she went into surgery to remove a mammory tumor just like 1 week ago and the second one started to develop the day after but it's on the opposite of her body so it couldn't be an abscess or an infection due to her surgery. Shoot, I forgot to ask for a spay for her at the same time. Y_Y'

Enyways >_> Maybe the vet will open her for nothing. :panic:

But it never went black. I don't know if an abscess does that sometimes. Whatever it is, I guess it's a good sign cuz I was getting worried. I thought it was very weird cuz it felt exactly like the tumor : an almost perfect ball that I could move around under the skin.

Called the vet during my dinner and she said it was a cyst and a tumor and it's possible that more grow. But, the surgery went very well. :nod:

*hopes not or i will die XD *

I had the same thing with Princess, she had a mammary gland tumor that grew up to a peanut's size, then shrank down to half a pea, then back up, then back down... talk about a puzzle!

Though I don't 100% trust the vet who did the surgery (trusted her then, wouldn't bring anything to her now), she found that the mammary gland was producing milk, which would cause the gland to swell, then as it wasn't going anywhere (i.e. being suckled), it would get reabsorbed.

Back