is it okay to use incense sticks in the rat room?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Livyaahh

I went out and got some incense sticks and scented candles. Will it be okay if I light them in my room which is where my rats live? If not I can just light them somewhere else

I would say no--I've been told not to do it around my fish tanks, so I would avoid it around all small pets personally.

Highjacking the thred a bit, hope you don't mind Livyaah! It's been a while that I've been wondering - what about Berger lamp with neuter scent only (no perfume)

KayRatz said:
I would say no--I've been told not to do it around my fish tanks, so I would avoid it around all small pets personally.
your picture is absolutely adorable! And thanks I'll just keep light them in the living room then:)

Unepuce said:
Highjacking the thred a bit, hope you don't mind Livyaah! It's been a while that I've been wondering - what about Berger lamp with neuter scent only (no perfume)

it isnt a good idea for anything that is extra to be used, neutral scent may not smell to us, but to their amazing nose, it may.

I am assuming you meant neutral and Not Neuter :) It totally made me laugh though

hopefloats said:
Unepuce said:

it isnt a good idea for anything that is extra to be used, neutral scent may not smell to us, but to their amazing nose, it may.

I am assuming you meant neutral and Not Neuter :) It totally made me laugh though

:laugh4:

That's called language barrier... we would have said "neutre" in French. Plus, typing quickly at work doesn't help think things through - I hadn't realized what it really stood for... :laugh4:

KayRatz said:
I have a wax melter (like scentsy) and it's never seemed to bother my guys...

Your rats right now might be okay but if you can smell it then they definitely can. The only candles I burn are ones I get from a local shop and I burn them as far away from the ratties as possible and not very often as I have a very sensitive boy right now.

The one time we have adopted from a formal rescue and not from a craigslist ad, the contract actually specified that we would not burn incense in our home/around the rats. We do have candles in the bathroom for the obvious reason, but no incense these days - their respiratory systems are just so fragile.

Unepuce said:
hopefloats said:
Unepuce said:

:laugh4:

That's called language barrier... we would have said "neutre" in French. Plus, typing quickly at work doesn't help think things through - I hadn't realized what it really stood for... :laugh4:

LOL It was funny none the less. I was totally trying to figure out what neuter would smell like. :)

Back