Intros?!?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilratsy43

I have had some really easy intros and others not so much. As some of you may remember, my Gunther is a rather aggressive male, and I have decided not to try any more intros with him until he is neutered...or something?? He recently beat the crap out of my little Rhys, thats why Im getting Rhys a friend.

I recently just introduced Suri to Blue, Cotton, Rose, and Minnie...actually I just recently introduced Minnie to this group not to long ago either. Anywho, both of those intros went rather smoothly, actually with the exception of Suri (she can be aggressive sometimes, I think this intro was soo easy because she had just lost her roomie Zorri) they all seem to love other rats...well Rose can be a bit bossy too...

But anyways, I have Cora (the biter) and she is all alone. I have tried intros with very little success. Actually Blue gets soo scared she leaps off the table and takes off for a while. And my more dominate girl Suri, got into a fight with Cora resulting in a decent sized puncture wound to her back.

I normally put them all on this card table in the middle of my room, but I guess its not exactly neutral territory, I let Cora out on it sometimes. When I tried the intros, I made sure there were new blankets on the table and nothing was on there that they could be territoral about....It is kinda small too, especially for 6 rats....

Does anyone have other suggestions for me?

If you can find a place that is kind of scary for Cora, that would help, she would be scared and try to bond to the other girls. Have you tried inside the bath tup? (no water)

Back