intros

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

machined

hello im new here :) my name is Christy(internet name i do not give real name out) and i got two female ratties and a new female today. i know no intros now, but wondered when is the best time to start introduction? the new rattie is 1month old, and my two i was told are 2months old but they do look a little more then that.

heres some pictures:

Maggie(2months old):
11t0e1g.jpg

side view
686aaf.jpg

Skye hairless:(2months old)
155qi6b.jpg

Millie(1month old):
3532w0o.jpg

as you can see Millie is like half the size of Skye and Maggie and wondered is it better to introduce her while she is still small or wait till she grows a bit. they are all females.

thank you for any help :)

P.s. they are not in bins anymore was only temp as i was building them their cage shown here :)

just finished in the picture.
2a4s5l2.jpg

Beautiful rats......
4 weeks is really to young to be away from her mother but I would think you could put her right in with the other babies......

Hi machined and welcome to you and your girls.
I would wait another two weeks for little Millie, rats should be quarantined away from resident rats so not to spread any possible illnesses.
If Skye and Maggie are docile girls, then I'd start intros after quarantine. :thumbup:

Hi there! I wish I had an internet name. I could be something exotic like Passion or Moonbeam. Instead I use my real name. *sigh* :p

Your girls are really cute! I like their cage you built, too! It's awesome!

lol hehe yeah i never use my real ame on the internet just safer i guess. great im going to try intros in two weeks slowly. bathtub first and move from there. maggie she seems very gentle but you just never know with any pet.

Back