Intros with intact and neutered males

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
clmntine said:
It still is! Its going so well. I am so proud of all the boys.
We have officially renamed Gareki, he is now Mokey. Sticking to our Fragle Rock theme. Although I do not think Nai will get a new name, it suits him too well.

Oooh I love it!! :joy:

Kisses to all the boys but Wembley especially :heart:

That is great news!
I should caution though for those reading this thread, it doesn't usually work out that easily. But when you can read your rats body language and style, then you can make that fast move in step.

Yes Jo, I was just thinking how this thread was meant to be an incredibly useful resource and turned into a lesson on now intros can go very smoothly. I didn't expect it to go this well at all. Especially with the intact boys. But I think my boys don't really know they have balls, or what it actually means.

I love my theme names. You and Wembley fell in love last night. It was so nice to watch. He is so lovey and mushy.

I will have to start a new thread about all the boys. But it will probably also be uneventful.

They were climbing over the smaller cages, going into each others, meeting each other, with no signs whatsoever...it was a dream intro and they had already met 3 times before, so I said put them in the CN and we'll watch them for a few hours...lots of interactions. Nai was a bit worried so that ended up setting off Wembley a little, Mokey was la la la, didn't care at all. I think he got pinned once, made no noise, then just got up and walked away. Only Nai was the problem. Wembley mostly just wanted to explore and then lie around begging with his eyes at us. He didn't just want to watch Human Television, he wanted to be a part of the show. Poor boy was abused by me last night. His 2 brothers I still have are nothing like these 2 at all, Trouble needs to be neutered (became hormonal at 12 months) and I have always wanted to kiss his belly, so poor Wembley became a surrogate for all the things I wish I could do with Vex (neuterd young for aggression) and Trouble (on the List). We were there for about 2.5 hours and it was fabulous. So yeah sadly not a learning thread for intros but a wonderful intro for an owner and her 4 gorgeous boys.

That was her reward for opening her home to two boys in their time of need when she really wasn't planning on more rats. What goes around, comes around! :wink:

Joanne you put it to well! I feel like they just fell into our laps. We had talked on and off about getting our boys companions, but nothing ever came of that. I couldnt have picked better if I tried!

Shelagh, thank you again! I wouldnt have been able to just toss everyone in together for a while now. So glad you found a surrogate in Wembley for those tummy kisses - we couldnt believe how different their brothers are! Good work picking my boys for me! He didnt mind the tummy kisses all! He seemed to keep coming back for more. He just loves the attention. It was so helpful to have you around for those first couple hours, translating everything that was going on! I could have pieced it together, but you made it so easy for us to understand from the rats view. Nai is doing well, and left his tube late last night, I woke up to him and Mokey sleeping on the bottom of the CN together. He also discovered the top of the cage last night! Once everyone else was busy napping he cautiously went on a little adventure of his own.

Back