Intros with a group of boys!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopefloats

Not active.
Trey the tripod rat lives with Pinky and the brain... Willie, Jack and Emmett and little rex. I am doing intros with the 3 starved boys who are plump little buggers now. I am trying to free up some cage space. Since those boys live in a double fn there is plenty of room to add on. I am also doing Ryker in there. Ryker was suppose to be the mean boy, but his buddy Remmy turned out to be the demon spawn. Ryker keeps to himself so far but in all they are going good.

600328_10151830820276409_48600609_n.jpg

My pretty boy Trey! He was so mean when he first got here, hated other rats. Now he is the best intro rat ever. His neuter did wonders for him.

1450751_10151830820301409_748465405_n.jpg

Rem the starved almost completely naked boy. He will be hard to tell apart from his cagemate soon since he is identical to him. I am guessing there is some rex in them? maybe poor rex.
1469969_10151830820286409_191313396_n.jpg

Ryker and Rem's cage mate....
1471344_10151830820441409_1425820335_n.jpg

Better picture of rems cagemate.. Needs a name still... I suck i know.

1471915_10151830820611409_170720171_n.jpg

Ryker is a total loner. Not used to these type of guys. he doesnt seem to lash out but he prefers to lay alone in the corner. My boys are good so Rex, the blue guy will go lay by him. These guys are good rats to do intros with unsure rats since they are such amazing little guys!
1451500_10151830820626409_1864175320_n.jpg

So i need some information about the loner boy Ryker. He is a total loner, how do those guys do in intros?
Most of the boys! some bigguns in that group!
1453467_10151830820431409_704315784_n.jpg

Awww... looks like it's already going quite good. Your loner will probably stay a loner unless someone visits him. They all know he's there and he knows they are there so your intros are still progressing.

They were all asleep in boxes...Ryker has his nois in the corner still...two boys were standing on him and he just laid there... I am hoping after a couple days he will perk up but he just sleeps mostly now anyway...I would like to see him mingle he was alone most of his life. The 7 boys are a great group...the 3starved boys fit right in with them. I feel bad for Ryker I hope one day he cudfles them.

He is now the poster rat for good boys. I am stilled amazed how he changed so much. He is so welcoming to the new rats. Such a gentle boy now. His biting me and attacking other rats are in the past...such a charmer now.

My lil loner was Bmo he was fine being introduced to the others, I put treats near him so the others came up to him, the others were all intrested in him but he couldnt of cared less, It took a while but he eventually slept with all the others. when the others came out to play he was still a loner and refused just used to stay in his house or hammock and watch from afar lol

zebrageekgirl said:
My lil loner was Bmo he was fine being introduced to the others, I put treats near him so the others came up to him, the others were all intrested in him but he couldnt of cared less, It took a while but he eventually slept with all the others. when the others came out to play he was still a loner and refused just used to stay in his house or hammock and watch from afar lol

I totally tried this. Ryker was in the corner and he has a rainfall of cheerios from above. Trey was trying to get to me, so he pushed ryker over, Ryker just went on his side so i dont think he is aggressive at all. Some of them ate around him and he ate a few then moved LOL so i did it again LMAO.

He was still sleeping alone, everyone else seems to cuddle with the others ok so I am just keeping them in the playpen till i feel secure enough with ryker being in a cage with them. and when I have time to clean it up for them. Remmy the one that was starved and almost naked is a humper and of course he is humping little ryker.LOL of all the rats to pick. Usually Trey is the one getting picked on my the boys but now remmy has taken a liking to Ryker. I am gonna give it a few days to see how it goes with them in the playpen. So far so good. I love intors that I can leave them be in a playpen and let them get to know each other. We still listen for fights and watch their moves but I like being able to monitor and not set up intros daily for them. This will get ryker out of the smaller cage and into a big one, the 3 boys will free up a spot of a fn so i will have 3 single boys after this. all need neuters.

I will say I am loving that putting food by the loner. I fed them some rice and veggies tonight and I put the bowl where Ryker was sleeping. He got first dibs of the bowl but was fine with everyone coming to him to eat. He still sleeps in the litter box, kait felt bad for him and put a big hammock in there for him to sleep on inside the litter box. Problem is I was going to put that in the big cage. They are still doing really well they looks like a group now minus ryker who is just a loner boy. I am glad these boys are so easy going it makes intros easy. A few more days in the playpen and I will move them into a cage.

That's wonderful and what a great idea putting the food by him so they all know he's there anyway. It's also pretty good that they give him his space.

I was all excited emmett was sleeping by him in the litter box. I think they will be fine with each other. Hopefully he gets used to rats and he will cuddle a bit. He was alone most of his life so this will be a nice switch for him. He is so lazy he just lays around. I was hoping he would perk up a bit with friends. these guys are little gems. Every intro I have done to get the first 7 together was simple like this. No worries no fights just getting along. I am loving this idea with Ryker. It seems to let him know they are there and be distracted by dinner yet getting used to the boys being around. It is just what he needs.

Well they are in the cage....ryker is in a hammock not a peep out of anyone.... the whole intro has been quiet...not any puffy boys or even a slight bicker....I love these boys ii have they are all amazing

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Emmett is the saving grace this intro. He seems to have a liking for Ryker. He was seen multiple times laying near him. This morning ryker was in his corner... with little emmett right over the top of him. He didnt seem to mind. I am thinking there is hope for ryker to be able have cuddle buddies. Poor boy was along his whole life so I am happy seeing him and the 3 starved boys in a group of rats being happy.

Back