Intros - they ignore each other

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspch911

I've been trying to intro the nakie babies w/Sebastian, Lovee, and Jack. None are neutered. The trio will be one I believe sometime in February and the Nakies are about 3 months old give or take a week. Today I had them out on the recliner with me (just on a blanket) and they just ignore each other. The nakies are scared and want nothing to do with the bigger guys. They will get in a boxing stance if they get too close, but not always. They do get adventurous and start walking around and looking at them sniffing occasionally. The bigger boys really pay no attention to them either. Occasionally they sniff them, but basically they just walk around them or jump over them. How can I introduce them to each other if they will not interact?

How big is the area? You'll need to make it smaller so that they have no choice but to see each other. Not interacting is not a bad thing.

Today was just a chair (recliner) even when I put them next to each they completely ignored one another like they other didn't exist. I had them out for over an hour and they all ended up just falling asleep! Basically they were on my lap and the arm rests. I didn't let another under the blanket or allow them to hide.

Well, they are still not really paying any attention to each other. They will now stand nose to nose - kind of like they are waiting to see who blinks first - then they walk away in different directions. The nakies are bigger now and seem a bit braver so they are all hanging out in the same area (touching each other) but that is about it. Sebastian sniffs their torpedoes every so often.

We basically have this:

IMG_6218_zps0ed68227.jpg

IMG_6223_zps11ae4165.jpg

IMG_6225_zps907244ad.jpg

IMG_6227_zps981cad86.jpg

IMG_6228_zps5469f2f0.jpg

The babies are cautious of the big boys. You can see that. But if they are not fighting rat balls then it is going good.

No fight, no nothing really. Tucker is being Al's neck warmer. Wally went nose to nose with Lovee a few times. The nakie will get in the boxing stance once in awhile, but the big boys just walk away.

The naked boys are trouble. Every one i have had here has been. Little naked boy Otto... he is a menace he works well with the baby boys but with the big boy he came with he tormented him . It must be because they feel nude and uncomfy LOL

So far ours are snugly and one was kissing me today..don't know which though since he was under my hair on my shoulder and it was a sneak attack kissing. He tried to slip me tongue - yuck!

Sounds like things are going ok. Ive had some intros like that. It took a few intros before they all snapped out of it and remembered to be confrontational. Hopefully yours dont do that.

P.s. those little nakies are too cute.

Back