introductions I guess?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

threepointonefour

Hi,
My roommate and I actually found your site through a craigslist ad she had posted. We were looking for cages to home some girls who may have become pregnant and someone (my roomie didn't say who) sent us a link to this forum. It looks like a pretty great place for rattie info.

the actual introductions: We are Addie (me) and Victoria (roomie) (we'll probably both just use the one account to post). We're 23 and live currently in the basement of her parents' home as there was an explosion and fire in our apartment building that forced us out temporarily (and also resulted in the above mentioned unwanted pregnancies). Between us we have a dog, a cat, two guinea pigs and 7 rats. Our boy ratties are both rescues, one with serious aggressive territoriality that gets better all the time (helps that he's getting on in years, he's about 3 now we think). Our girls are all sisters. I used to selectively breed the 2 best (at the time) of my rats every couple years, if I had homes for four or five babies amongst friends and was happy to keep any others myself (I frequently just kept whole litters myself, even when I had promised babies to friends - they all loved that). But I'm older and wiser now, and since I've gotten my rescue boys, I realize how many ratties need homes, so I'd decided not to breed this last generation (it was tough to let the Rhyme line go - he was my best rat ever, I mostly bred just to keep his legacy alive). Now it looks like the line may not die off afterall, and while that makes me happy, I do worry about the strain pregnancy is putting on my girls (they are already stressed, and also a bit old for first litters - almost a year) so I'm glad to have a place with so many people more knowlegable than me to look to for advice. So, uh, Hi?

:welcome4:

Welcome to the shack! It's filled with very experienced and wonderful members. I'm sure you will learn a lot.
happy0153.gif

Welcome to the Shack...I believe it was bruxxy who emailed you the link, I am the one who offered cages before Vanessa saved the day. :mrgreen:

I am glad you discovered the rescue rat's plight, we have a lot of rescue owners on this forum, and we recently went through a big rescue effort, bringing a lot of deserving rats out of Moncton and delivering them to adopters as far as Windsor and NY.

:welcome2:

Man, the ordeal the people in your building went through is just rediculous. I'm glad all your animals got out safe.

And welcome to the forum!

Back