Introducing the rattie palace

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleSparrow

Rattie loves
When we first got our first 2 girls, we made them a cage out of a plastic shelf. Having brought home another since then, we have upgraded their "apartment" cage to a palace (as the hubby likes to put it). ;) so here it is! We started with a large dog crate bottom pan and built up a wooden frame around it. Lined all accessable wood framing with metal so it is leak proof and made the bottom pan a pull out for easy cleaning! Just finished it tonight, so we are still working on creating a large shelf on the one side, but other than that I have almost finished sewing all of their hammocks and accessories for the inside. The 3 of them are super happy with so much climbing and running space. :)

use7e2y6.jpg

3y5u3upa.jpg

ujugene7.jpg

uda2edym.jpg

Sent from mobile.

Our girls are only 2-3months old at the moment, but we are working on aadding different levels made from the smaller dog crate bottoms. :) it will give them some more room to run around as well.

Sent from mobile.

Your little monkeys are going to have a blast climbing that from top to bottom. I'm sure by the time they turn into senior citizens, you'll have a bunch of shelves and ramps for them. :)
It looks great and will keep them in tip top condition. LOL

Looks nice, some people us cooling racks for shelves maybe you can make something like that work for you and cover them.

That looks fab, I don't think I would have the patience to do something like that!

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Back