Introducing.....Riley and Jack!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kate476

Hey Everyone, i'm new to this forum and thought i'd introduce my Foster boys
I'm fosterting two dumbo boys for the NTRR (North TX Rat Rescue). Jack is a very sweet, "Kissy" boy. He loves to climb all over you. He's a great "first rat".
Riley is also sweet, he kisses less though :D, he is a bit hesitant about being held and pet but he's getting so much better. He loves to climb all over you and pee on ya :D He's also a pretty good "first rat".
Here they are!

Jack:

"YUM"

"Are you lookin at me, ma?"

Some of Riley:
He loves his Octo-play!

And I did a thanksgiving/christmas photoshoot, here are the results:

The best pic I got

They both wouldn't cooperate...

"We're done, bye"

Sadly I wasn't able to get any good pictures of Riley.

And a bonus of them trying to escape :doh:

I'll hopefully be updating my thread when I can!
Remember, these boys are up for adoption. If you're interested go to the NTRR site (http://www.northtexasratrescue.com/) and fill out an application, if you mention you're interested in these boys they should give you my email address in case you have any questions, I can also send you more pictures and give you more details of their personality! I know that this is mostly a canadian forum and these boys are in Texas but I just wanted to mention it since I know there's some members here in the USA :)

These boys need to be adopted together.

I tried to look but it requested me to sign into my yahoo.....I wont do it :)

You can right click the image and copy image location and then the picture icon in the post to put a picture up there rather than a link....

And welcome to the shack........

I'll try to figure out how to post them directly on the thread, until then,, will the links work? If so you can view them that way.

I just edited to try to post the pics the right way. I thought I got it right but the images are just loading and loading... :wallbang:

Hmm I still can't.. but at least you guys can! :) in fact I can't view a lot of pics on this forum.. weird.

Some more pictures!

Very comfortable Jack.

Jack and Riley the grump!

"what's up there ma?"

"Thank you for the cube ma!"

Well, these boys have gone to a new foster home due to allergies and me needing to QT some new editions to the NTRR. Sadly I think they still haven't been adopted :( . The new editions that I QT'ed I am now fostering. Hopefully I can make a thread for them later today :) they're super cute! :D

Hope they get adopted soon, good luck to you on that and ya welcome to the rat shack :D

I do too. Over here it seems like most people like girl ratties with "pretty" markings so these boys haven't really been interested in :(

Thanks! I haven't really had time before but I'm going to start getting more involved with this forum and figuring it out (it's different then others I'm in).

Woa hold up, your from TX? Where at? You could PM that information if you want.

Thing is I have 3 boys, and if these boys were to be youngsters, say 3months the max? I might be able to take them in, just depends where part of TX your at. For instance I think Dallas and Buda which is south of Austin is a bit far for anyone heh. But hey if your close then we should talk :D

Edit: Ah i see, North TX, was afraid of that...sorry I guess me offering an adoption may not be a good idea then. And from the pics I dont think these guys are youngesters. Reason why I'd prefer to adopt youngsters is cause my boys are in a tight pecking group. One of them killed one of my first adopted rats, cause he was much older and bigger. I figured the younger they were, the less likely for aggression. But sorry I cant be of any help

These boys are over 12 months old (we're not sure how much though). Would you still like my location?

Edit: Ah i see, North TX, was afraid of that...think thats too far for any of us. Sorry I guess me offering an adoption may not be a good idea then. And as you said they are 12months, wouldn't be a good idea. Reason why I'd prefer to adopt youngsters is cause my boys are in a tight pecking group. One of them killed one of my first adopted rats, cause he was much older and bigger. I figured the younger they were, the less likely for aggression. But sorry I cant be of any help I don't think. :(

Well that's okay! I understand. Sometimes the NTRR is able to organize a rat train to get rats to people hours away but they're not the right age for your group.

Thank you for your interest though!

No problem! Let me know if you have some young males under 3months of age that could need a home! I do know my Gizmo being the alpha loved kiddies hehe :heart:

I'm not sure of exact ones we have available but I'm sure the NTRR has some! They have a Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/North- ... 6776023430 which I think is more updated then their website. You could send them a Facebook page or Email at [email protected] (you'll probably have better luck sending them a facebook message) asking about available young boys, and if they're willing to transport.

Back