Introducing Marley! And now Jasmine too!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debbie

I was NOT planning to get another bunny. But he had been at our local HS for over 4 months. Deemed pretty much unadoptable. Long story short, we instantly bonded and I'm head over heals in love with my frisky, headstrong, hunk of a boy. The feeling is mutual and that's certainly just fine by me.

We named him Marley after the dog in the book/movie, as he is quite the charactor just like the dog.
I can't believe no one saw this diamond in the rough that I did. Their loss is my gain!

Meet Marley! :heart:

He's even gone camping with us, and loves his new pal Samson
Marley3.jpg

Marley6.jpg

Marley9.jpg

Life is good!
bunncage4.jpg

Thanks everyone. :bunnydance:

I absolutely love Marley! He's got oodles and oodles of personality!

We adore our two dwarf bunns too, but they are more bonded to each other, than us. Marley on the other hand seems to be all about me and that makes me feel so special! :heart:

I'm about to start Marley on some play dates with a few lady bunns at a local rabbit rescue. I've been talking over email with a wonderful bunny foster lady. She has several pretty little ladies, but of course Marley and a girl bunn will have to pick each other. So we'll see how it goes. He's quite the handsome boy, so I'm sure they will love him. I know our Samantha seems pretty interested in him (when Harvey isn't looking of course). :wink:

Hopefully, I'll be posting pics of Marley's new wife, in the not too distant future.

OH what wonderful news for Marley!
I'm glad you're going the rescue wa for his future GF. They make it SO much more easy, especially if when it doesn't work out, you can try again with another....

I'm glad he found his way to you, and you to him.
:heart:

We found Marley a girlfriend! And I'm so happy to say they hit it off immediately and intro's have gone picture perfect. I hope to have them living together very soon. :bunnydance:

Jasmine also came from our local humane society. She had already been adopted and returned :sad3: . We took Marley to the OHS to meet a few ladies, but she was exactly who I was hoping he might like. We introduced him to her first, and never had to try with another girl. Jasmine came home with us that night. ;D

Anyway, here's our beautiful new princess Jasmine. She's a little bigger than Marley, but weighs the same. Both are big beautiful bunnies.

JasmineBunn2.jpg

JasmineBunn1.jpg

They shared dinner for the first time tonight and Marley was kind enough to let her have the last few bites :heart:
BunnyLove3.jpg

Bunny Love!! :heart:
BunnyLove2.jpg

BunnyLove1.jpg

Love the last pic!!!
Jasmine is gorgeous. Sad that she was returned. Many people buy bunnies and don't realize the amount of work involved. Bunnies need so much! Great rescue!!

Thanks everyone. :bunnydance:

I had been looking at Jasmine's pic before and was just about to go visit her, when she was adopted the first time. So when I suddenly saw her pic up on the site again, I figured it was fate. Call it a "mother's" intuition, but I just had this feeling she'd be perfect for Marley. Bunny intro's are apparently much harder than with rats...so I was prepared for trying many different females to see who might have the possibility of bonding with Marley. I was so happy when they liked each other immediately. Whew!

Back