Introducing Faith (disturbing skin pics) - 08/11 AM :'(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Faith is going to have a thread like Iris where we can all watch her progress, and her wonderful moments as well :D

Faith was with a "friend" of LA's. LA saw this wee girl and put out a cry for help! Hmmm...old? 29 months colour? PEW :heart: , ailing? Yes! Well that meant she was the perfect rat for me sight unseen. :laugh4:

Faith has what I am positive is pyoderma which I have already been through before with Selene. Only differences are that Selene was a healthy adult, and as soon as it showed up I attacked with treatment. Faith has had this for months. :sad3: She's in agony right now, and I have given her a huge dose of metacam. LA picked her up on Friday night and started her on baytril, and children's Motrin. I will continue the baytril and substitute in big doses of metacam, then see Dr. Munn on Thursday. :( She's tiny at 224 grams, malnourished, but sweet even in her pain, and has these amazing expressive eyes. :heart:

Pyoderma
http://ratguide.com/health/integumentar ... oderma.php
Selene's case history on ratguide
http://ratguide.com/health/figures/pyod ... gure_4.php

Faith
Faithsfaejul12.jpg

Faith3jul12.jpg

Faithowowowow2jul12.jpg

Faith2jul12.jpg

Maple gently scritching her...she loved it :D
Faith1jul12.jpg

Poor Faith had to learn that when she was sitting or lying still she could be normal but when she moved, she would arch her back up so the painful skin wouldn't pull. :( It's heartbreaking to see, especially when she shudders or shakes her back. :cry3:
Faithswalkjul12.jpg

Such a brave little girl :heart: :heart:
Faithisbeautifuljjul12.jpg

Holy Crap! :cry: Poor thing! I hope you can give her some comfort for her remaining time as a senior. She must be a fighter having made it to 29 months in spite of her shocking lack of care.

I haven't been around much, I'm missing too many threads that I should know about! :gaah:

A big pat on the back to you LA, for saving her! :thumbup:

oh my goodness! what a poor poor baby!
the picture of her arching her back to stop it from pulling just breaks my heart.
here's hoping she finds relief and treatments work wonders! xox

Met LA today to pick up the remarkable wee girl...
Immediatly I agreed it was pyoderma. and she was definatly in pain...
LA and I loaded her, and Axel up, and went our seperate ways.
Faith spent the journey inthe backseat with Pixie and Cole. Cole told her the story of Green Eggs and Ham, which he says, she REALLY enjoyed! LOL!

This wee girl is a fighter, and will need to be to get well. We're all routing for you sweetie!!!

It just blows my mind that people would do that to their pet!

I hope she recovers quickly, she seems like such a sweetie.

Pink

Faith is also sister to my Ruby and Hazel also 29 months old. I'm glad I was able to get her, I hadn't been over there a lot so I hadn't seen her in many months. But I hand it to them for passing her along to me.

She's got the most beautiful soul and heart. She let me put polysporin on her back without nipping although it was uncomfortable. She's also very brave. Fight hard beautiful baby, you deserve comfort and love.

Well I see wee improvements in Faith today...nothing drastic, because that infection is still raging, and needs a few days on baytril and metacam to hopefully come under control. But she is brighter, more adventurous, she doesn't shake her back quite as much, and she doesn't arch her back as severely when she walks around. She took her baytril nicely from the syringe, but I always have to force med the metacam...which hurts her :( Her poor little jaw is swollen and she needs it looked at, the eye on that side is dull as well. She just seems a bit more interested in life and food again :thumbup: Last night she didn't like me much and I felt horrible, but I think it had been a long painful day of travelling, a new home, etc...today she is so much brighter that I am thrilled!! :joy: She's also exploring the couch and the end table, climbing into the metal Litter basket, which she would not have even tried yesterday since it would hurt her. She's amazing! :bow:

You can see her wee crooked face here
Faith1jul13.jpg

Mmmmm breakfast! (oatmeal, soy milk, ensure, peas and spinach)
Faithlikesbreakfastjul13.jpg

Faith3jul13.jpg

Faith2jul13.jpg

A closeup of the pyo on her back. For anyone who went through Selene's pyoderma with me, its a guaranteed diagnosis.
Faithspyoonbackclosejul13.jpg

Such a brave sweet girl :heart:
Faith4jul13.jpg

Poor girlie! I know you shelagh of all people will make her feel all better!
Hugs!

Back