Introducing Daynah & Gracie

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manda_lovee

uploadfromtaptalk1408837080688.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408837091546.jpg

These are my new babies!!
Daynah is the full colored one & Gracie is the hooded one!:)

Are they standard ears or dumbo? I just picked them out I didn't ask questions about what breed they are.

They are gorgeous little gals. You must be so proud!

Daynah, if she is all black (no white marks on tummy/chest), is a black self, meaning she's all one solid color. Gracie looks to be an agouti hooded.

Be sure to handle and touch them a lot now while they're young to help them bond with you and become social butterfly ratties.

Edit: their ears look standard.

I'm incredibly proud and I have so much love for these little gals already.
I picked one up and she stayed limp in my hands while I moved her about I was so worried she was sick turns out she's just a heavy sleeper! Hahaha!
The black one has a patchy white belly

There are different types, mostly Berkshire or Irish. Sounds like she may have an Irish marking. You can google some images for comparison.

Looking forward to seeing more pictures of them as they grow :)

I have a question I think they're a week apart considering the different tail lengths and a slight difference in the general size. They're not older than 6 weeks and the smaller one will constantly "groom" my neck and just stay near me that way. With age will this fade? Do you think she'll be more interested in playing when she's a week or so older? Or is it possible she has a calmer temperament?

It's quite possible that it is just a difference in personality and will not change. Also, they may not be different ages and the size differences can just be genetic. I have a couple of fosters from the same litter and they are different that way.

Back