Introducing Countess Bathory

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bookrat

Her story started here:http://www.jorats.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=14900

Her name was Pinky, but I really didn't think it suited a black rat (not that Bathory really suits her either, I just like it).

According to her previous owner she's about 2 years old. Hopefully she's got a lot more left in her.
She's currently enjoying hanging out on my bookcase, which is appropriate since I named myself bookrat.
She isn't really used to me yet, I think she's just curious about me, hopefully she'll eventually actually climb on my hand instead of me picking her up. Earlier today she was bruxing and boggling on my lap which made me SO happy.
The previous owner emailed me today asking me to keep in touch, so I'm glad that she's still interested in her rat's welfare even though she couldn't keep her herself.

100_5590.jpg

100_5593.jpg

She's beautiful!! Either she wears 2 years old well or she is actually a bit younger. How does she walk on her hind feet, is she up on her toes at all, or does the whole sole of the hind foot press on the ground most of the time?

My roommate bought a baby rabbit (which I think was a mistake but that's a different matter), The previous owner of Bathory said though she had never been around other rats before had got along with her pet rabbit. So I introduced them to see how they'd react and it went swimmingly. I am still looking for ratty friends though.
100_5703.jpg

100_5706.jpg

100_5707.jpg

Yes I've told my roommate how bad woodchips are; so hopefully hope the bedding will be changed soon
100_5715.jpg

100_5716.jpg

100_5717.jpg
100_5718.jpg

What a gorgeous lady! And no doubt she is looking forward to the new Wheel of Time book out at the end of the month...to widdle on.

Back