Introducing Ava

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LA

I contacted a woman a while ago about a rat she had on Kijiji for $150. I told her that I wouldn't pay but if she really needed a home I would be willing to take her rat in. She didn't respond for a while, but I eventually got a response back saying yes, I could have her. Her name was Snickers. Not named after the candy bar, but because she made this sound that made it seem as she was snickering at you. I talked to Shelagh and we knew that was NOT a good noise.
When I got her I realized her owner was very misinformed. I was told she was brown and white and a girl with one eye. When I got her I found her to be a black hooded (I've never had one before) and very very tiny. She was being fed hamster seed mix as a staple and Extrusion as a treat (I know VERY backwards) and on pine. I got her home, changed her to mew's print and her breathing instantly got better. I am holding off treating her for a few days to see if she improves on her own. She's a teeny tiny 240g. Best I can gather from what I am told is that she's around or at least 16 months old.
So, without adieu Ava :heart:
P1060861Small.jpg

Back