Introducing adult male to babies

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simonsmom

I'm getting 3 boys from Falines litter, next week sometime. The goal is to introduce them to my 20 month male. I don't want him to live alone when my 37 month boy passes. He doesn't get along with adult males (not aggressive, terrified of them and hides). He gets along with oldies, sick rats and spayed females.

He likes to keep to himself and ignores roudy rats. So I think he'll be fine with babies. If it doesn't work thats fine and I'll just get him an oldie from somewhere or spay a couple girls. But I'd like to try.

But I don't want to introduce the babies to my old boy, I'm afraid they'd be too rough and hurt him. My oldie is always out with me during the day. Could I have the babies and Cooper living together during the day and Warren and Cooper together at night? So that Cooper and the babies are use to each other when Warren passes.

That's an ingenious idea! You've especially figured this out well since your older rat is out with you during the day----that way he never has to be lonely.

Sounds like Cooper is going to be leading a very rich life. :)

Back